Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

My 5G wifi pro keeps randomly rebooting its self. I have disabled the reboot option but no joy.

New Telstra 5G wifi pro

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Re: My 5G wifi pro keeps randomly rebooting its self. I have disabled the reboot option but no joy.

Mine is doing the same thing. Have you found a solution?

Highlighted

Re: My 5G wifi pro keeps randomly rebooting its self. I have disabled the reboot option but no joy.

No Not yet. I went to a Telstra shop and they gave me a new sim card and did a factory reset but it didn't fix it.

Highlighted

I've got the same issue, just received it yesterday.

Highlighted

clearly not an isolated case. I'm also finding the wifi connection to be very glitchy. It drops off while using or says it's connected but there is no data transfer or connects but no data. Just rebooted it's self as I was Typing this. I'm taking it back.

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Yes, same issue with my MU500.  Keeps rebooting with the auto update selected off or on, also randomly reboots either connected to charger or not

Highlighted

I have sent it back to Telstra for "repair" but i think it's a software or firmware issue.

Highlighted

I got i back after several weeks. The report says nothing wrong with it. It still has all the same issues so I'm going to try and return it.

Highlighted

Same here - Telstra replaced the sim etc and still no joy, but I put the sim in my old modem and it  has no problem so it is not the sim. -Telstra (wa) has sent it off for repair as no replacements available. I don't expect it back for abt 4- 5 weeks and if still not fixed will be saying "not fit for purpose" and asking for money back. seems to be s a software glitch.

Highlighted

I was offered a replacement unit but Returned it for a full refund yesterday. 

Highlighted

Our unit is also now with Telstra for repair. Bloody disappointing. Am expecting the same result as you, i.e., no defects found, despite clear firmware or hardware issues. I don't understand how such a price premium can be charged for a defective product. And now I see Telstra will be offering a free 5G wireless modem to select customers—is that how they offload bad hardware? The whole experience has been pretty insulting.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit