PeterMdy
Level 1: Cadet

My mobile broadband 5G upgrade order seems to be stalled.

Been on Help Messaging for over three hours today. My order was placed last Friday for new 5G device and upgrade to 5G plan. Order has been showing as In Progress. There doesn't seem to have been any action on it. I was told to expect the order to be completed within 5 working days. Help Messaging cant tell me what is going on with my order. Any suggestions?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
16 REPLIES 16
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: My mobile broadband 5G upgrade order seems to be stalled.

If you can't get an answer via the messaging, the only other option is via a formal complaint, which will take around 5 business days to get an initial response (https://telstra.com/complaints).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
pwish
Level 2: Rookie

I placed an order for a mobile broadband 5G SIM only (no device) on 19 Feb. It had an estimated delivery of 26 Feb, and no communication since.  As at 8 March it is still in progress, with no indication of a shipping date. All help messaging can tells me is that it is "in progress", same as the order tracker. No-one can even estimate when it will be completed. I lodged a formal complaint over the weekend.

Cas-Ra
Support Team
Support Team

HI @pwish, that's weird! Sounds like the order has become stuck there. If it's only a data SIM you need you can pop in store to get up and running almost immediately. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

pwish

Can the in store people provide me with the SIM from that on-line order, or cancel the existing order?  I don't want to end up paying for 2 SIMs.

Cas-Ra
Support Team
Support Team

Depending on the status of the order we should be able to do one or the other, either way we'll be able to get you sorted. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

pwish

If the only way to get this sorted is to go into a Telstra shop, then I think I have picked the wrong telco.

Either something is broken in the order process and no-one is interested in trying to identify and fix the problem, or I have picked a telco which has problem supplying even a simple SIM card.

The total lack of any communication about progress, even when I explicitly request information, is also pretty frustrating. 

All inquiries lead to the "order tracking system", which is a joke. It has shown "in progress" since the day the order was created and the next step is "Order complete". It tells me nothing.

Trying to use MyTelstra to make inquiries fails, because it needs an account, which won't be activated until the order is complete ... catch-22. 

None of this bodes well for any future support I may need out of Telstra.

StaceyL1
Support Team
Support Team

As far as our order tracking page, it shows minimal information for your account security, as this information can be seen by pretty much anyone. When the order is shipped, you'll be notified by email or SMS with a Star Track tracking link, so you can closer track the delivery, though since you haven't got anything like this, it does sound like the order has gotten stuck somewhere.

You mentioned you have a complaint lodged for this - do you have the reference number for this handy at all that I can take a look into?

pwish

I didn't copy the reference number of the complaint when I submitted because I foolishly assumed it would send me a copy or at least acknowledge submission. I got nothing in response and I now see advice on other documentation that I should expect 5 days before I get a response. So maybe I will get something tomorrow.

StaceyL1
Support Team
Support Team

No worries. We do generally expect around 5 business days for initial contact from a case manager, though it does depend on the complexity of their investigation.

If you've not heard anything by the end of the 5 days, have a chat with us through our app (download info here https://tel.st/33sj3) so we can take a look into how the complaint is tracking.

When you open the app, head through the 'get help' tab then touching the blue speech bubble. You'll initially be greeted by our automated assistant, use short concise phrases such as "complaint" to give the prompt to take you through and have a chat with an agent who can look into this for you. Let me know if you have any troubles.

pwish

I haven't had time to go into a Telstra store during their opening hours. So I have still been trying to resolve this online. No progress. I have had not any response or contact re my formal complaint submitted 5th March. I forgot to capture the complaint number on that one. I have tried going through the message system on app. I provided all my details about the order, and identified myself etc. Someone said they would look into it. But still no response. I have now submitted another complaint today, assuming the last one got lost (like the order). The new complaint number is 08139678 - it has all the details in it. It has now been over 3 weeks with zero progress on an order to supply a mobile broadband SIM card. And no-one seems to be able to tell me what is happening. 

pwish

Now I am being told through the messaging app that they are not responding to me because I have lodged a complaint. I need to wait for the complaint process to respond. Still waiting for any sort of response on either complaint.

LauraBee
Support Team
Support Team

How are things travelling with this one? Has there been any update regarding the SIM delivery?

pwish

The second formal complaint has been acknowledged and a case manager assigned. The first complaint seems to have been lost, the case manager is trying to find it. The case manager has now intervened in the order. A new estimated delivery date has been issued for 25 March. But I have been here before, so I don't think the new estimate means much.The order status is now showing as "On hold". No advice yet on shipping of the SIM card. If it does arrive as estimated (which I doubt), it will have been 5 weeks to get a SIM card. I am not sure why I am bothering to continue with this process. 

LauraBee
Support Team
Support Team

Definitely not the time frame we want for our customer orders, I'm sorry it's been difficult to get this sorted. We can check in to make sure that SIM does come out. 

pwish

After the intervention by the complaint case manager, I eventually got a SIM that works. In fact I got two SIMs, but the second one didn't work.  Both SIMs arrived "naked", no packaging (not even plastic wrap) and no instructions. Just a SIM card in a courier package. It seems pretty ad hoc, but I now finally have a working SIM. I was told by the case manager that she had to raise a new order and then escalate it to get priority delivery of a SIM. I don't know what happened to the original order. 

pwish

I should have guessed that this SIM card fiasco is not yet resolved.  I just got a letter from Telstra saying they have been trying to call me, but I have not missed call over the past week. Letter says I need to respond by yesterday to "progress my order". So I called and it turns out the phone number they have been calling is the number of the mobile broadband SIM card they provisioned for me. Which, of course is for data only, so is not in a phone and, surprise, no-one answers. I am now told I have to go into a Telstra store to fill in a form to "transfer the service". That is despite providing all the required information when I started this order.  I am told that I can't do it online and they can't do it over the phone. I spoke with a Telstra rep last week who said all this was resolved. Apparently not. I foolishly agreed to close the formal complaint thinking this was resolved. I am probably going to have to open it again. Right now either of Optus or Vodafone are looking pretty good.  I really don't understand how Telstra service got so broken.  What is going on at Telstra :-(

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit