Highlighted
Level 4: Private Eye

Never received the "Bonus 3Gig" on recharging - special offer via email.

Answered

Hi Telstra, I have just been rumaging through my Telstra.com webmail saved emails, and I found an email that I had saved from December last year - was a promo that said if you recharge Telstra will add a bonus 3Gig valid for 30 days, well I recharged 2 of my Mobile broadband accounts and never did get that 3Gig on either broadband number.

Reason I missed it/forgot about it, I was away from home for 3 months with a family crisis (my Father passed away), and had put that email in my saved folder on my webmail account, to follow up, not expecting to be away from before Christmas to Easter.

I have screen grabs of the recharge details - I am happy to provide as proof of those recharges if you want them emailed through to a mod or someone that maybe can assist. I actually recharged on the 7th December 2012, and as I said I do have the screengrabs for the two recharged accounts.

The email was/is worded as per below - my real name redacted for obvious personal reasons.

I would appreciate someone having a look into it if possible.

Thanks.

------------------------------------

Hi ******,

All set for the festive season? You will be with a bonus 3GB from Telstra.

Just recharge your Telstra Pre-Paid Mobile Broadband with $100 or more with your credit/debit card or PayPal between December 3 and 16 and we'll put an extra 3GB for 30 days in your stocking. That's a total of 9GB for $100, or a massive 15GB for $180.

Simply recharge with your credit/debit card or PayPal account and you'll receive your bonus 3GB within 48 hours (Electronic Vouchers and Creditme2U® are not eligible for the bonus 3GB).

That's more value than ever on Australia's largest and most reliable mobile network. Stay in touch with your loved ones, shop online for those perfect presents, download Christmas movies and music, or just Facebook® your friends till it's time to take down the tinsel.

With a bonus 3GB, you'll be fully charged for the festive season.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: Never received the "Bonus 3Gig" on recharging - special offer via email.

Thanks again Shannon for the update,

Will see how it goes.

Cheers

G

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Many thanks to all involved at Telstra regarding this issue and in the final resolution.

Thanks also for a very pleasant outcome too.

Regards.

Gustaph

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Gustaph,

Definitely warrants looking into! I've just sent you a PM.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Thanks very much Ben_J,

I have replied to your PM and also filled in the web contact form. (Copied and pasted the posting in case it goes to someone else.)

I could not see a way to attach the screengrabs from the transaction on 7th December.

I guess they should be able to check records or I can send them through the email if they/you provide a way.

Regards,

Gustaph.

Highlighted

Well NOTHING since my last comment - SEEMS THIS MUST BE TOO HARD TO RESOLVE!!!

Yep I was shouting - no-one seems to be following it up, or even bothering to advise what is going on.

ANY RESULTS ON THIS YET PLEASE??

EDIT: I might have to try Twitter - seems to get more results.

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

G'day gustaph,

We're currently answering submissions from the 26th, do you have a ref # at all?

Additionally, check your spam/junk folder in case it has been delivered to there instead

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

Highlighted

Hi Shannon,

Yes I have a reference number, but for some reason Telstra marked it as a Twitter reference - I have never posted re this on Twitter so not sure why or how that came about.

Reference number I have from Renee is - Twitter Request [Customer Reference: 131021-012419]

Also I dont have a spam or junk folder on my Telstra.com webmail email address just inbox - outbox and the other standard folders. The response has not come through to my webmail at all. I regulary check my Webmail online.

I was asked to provide my DOB to a bigpond mail customer help address (no idea why it was bigpond as I'm not a bigpond customer) - by Renee which I did - I believe I sent that on the 25th.

In the earlier posting I made mention to Ben that I could not attach any screengrabs via this posting, and thought it could be followed up without them.

On the 28th I emailed through the screengrabs of the recharge transactions that I did on the day of 7th December, and have had nothing back re either email. These were emailed through to the bigpond customer help email address.

Hope this helps speed things up.

Thanks,

G

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

G'day Gustaph

I have let Renee know as she hasn't responded yet

Your email has been received & she'll be in tonight. 

Please let us know if you don't hear anything

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

Highlighted

Hi Shannon,

Thanks for chasing this up. I will let you know if I don't hear from her.

G

Highlighted

Hello again Telstra,

Well just as I expected, once again, nothing heard from anyone.

AND to add insult to injury, I got another email today offering me some bonus data if I sms a certain Telstra mobile with my details.

I really don't think I will bother.

This all seems too hard for someone.

----------------------------------------------------

We’re offering you 500MB of bonus data to use in Australia for 30 days on your mobile broadband service 04********* – so you can do what you love best on the network without equal.

Don’t miss out – redeem it now by following these simple steps

Send us an SMS with your name and service number listed above to
0448300*** before 17th November 2013.

You will receive an SMS reply confirming that your bonus data will be
credited to your account within the next 48 hours.

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

G'day Gustaph,

I have just checked for you & requested for you to be contacted via email. I'd expect you to hear something by tomorrow morning

Sincerely sorry for the delay. 

Please let me know how you go or if you don't hear anything 

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Thanks again Shannon for the update,

Will see how it goes.

Cheers

G

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Many thanks to all involved at Telstra regarding this issue and in the final resolution.

Thanks also for a very pleasant outcome too.

Regards.

Gustaph

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Brilliant Smiley Happy 

Thanks for the update on your situation. 

- Luis

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit