CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

New to mobile Broadband

Hi all, not very techy so I'll do my best  I was on home internet, I did not want to go onto NBN,  so after speaking with telstra, went onto  a month to month mobile broadband plan (not to be confused with my mobile phone internet).. I was advised to disconnect the modem I was using as I wouldn't need it anymore and that a new device was being sent to me and a sim card, the sim card arrived but nothing else, I cannot seem to get to speak to anyone at telstra about this at the moment, so thought I'd consult the crowd.... I am presuming I should be getting a new modem for the sim card? Thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: New to mobile Broadband

@LLL_64 wrote:

Hi all, not very techy so I'll do my best  I was on home internet, I did not want to go onto NBN,  so after speaking with telstra, went onto  a month to month mobile broadband plan (not to be confused with my mobile phone internet).. I was advised to disconnect the modem I was using as I wouldn't need it anymore and that a new device was being sent to me and a sim card, the sim card arrived but nothing else, I cannot seem to get to speak to anyone at telstra about this at the moment, so thought I'd consult the crowd.... I am presuming I should be getting a new modem for the sim card? Thanks

Hi @LLL_64 

From what you have said, yes, there should be a device turning up also.

Since you a joining a mobile broadband plan did you get any documentation? As you should have all the plan information, as well as tracking information for the modem, or at least show what device is being sent?

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks for your reply.... cannot see where it says a modem is coming.... unable to see it listed, I'll be a bit annoyed as I  distinctly remember the conversation and Luke said was easy all I needed to do is insert the Sim card... having trouble with mobile phone internet as well, slow...not letting me accessanything until I've got internet connection"... not winning much... plus still on phone to telstra after answering and my call would be answered in approx 14 mins... it's now been 1 hour and 37 mins... probably shut me down when it reaches 2 hours.... 😫

Highlighted

Hi @LLL_64 

There is a number of different mobile broadband devices, so you should've agreed on what type during your sign-up, as you would add the cost to a monthly 24-36 month contract payment unless paid in full.

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit