CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Nighthawk M1 - Detecting Service

I have a netgear nighthawk m1 running firmware version version NTG9X50C_12.06.02.00 using a prepaid sim. everything was working ok until i tried to implement ip passthrough and I needed to do a factory reset after which upon restart I got the following message on the screen " Detecting service". I have since been to the local Telstra Shop and done sim replacement with no change... ideas please?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Nighthawk M1 - Detecting Service

We have exactly the same problem with our Netgear Nighthawk M1 running firmware version NTG9X50C_12.06.02.00 using a postpaid sim. There was a message on screen advising of an update. Immediately after the update the same message "Detecting service" appeared on screen permanently. We did not do a factory reset, but had the same problem. We have subsequently tried a factory reset and everything else Telstra support has suggested without solving the problem.

We have also now contacted Netgear who advised us it is a Telstra problem and they referred us back to Telstra to request a firmware fix.

Telstra, can you please tell us when this firmware issue will be fixed.

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi 

maverick61, i'm sorry for the delay in responding, can i ask if this issue is still ongoing?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

I have the same problem of seeing "detecting service" displaying on the m1's first screen. Internet connection is working fine but the" Data used/ days remaining" screen does not display. Doing a factory reset and seems to retain the latest firmware as checking for firmware upgrade returns no new apgrade available.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit