Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

No Internet Access

I have a mobile 5G modem.  The displayed coverage has changed from 4G to 5G in the past 2 weeks but now I am not able to get any connection to the internet and have intermittent and infrequent wifi access.  There is a message that comes up on my TV says that Wifi has no internet connection. And my computer is permanently searching for a network.  

I have adequate data available and have rebooted the modem numerous times. I am solely reliant on my mobile 4G from another provider to use my phone and have a mobile dongle from another provider that is allowing me to access my internet on my computer but not on my TV.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: No Internet Access

It may be that the 5G transmitter in your area is either in testing, or the signal is too weak for it to maintain a connection.

Unfortunately I haven't seen a 5G modem, so I don't know what settings are available on it. You may be able to log in to the modem and force it to use 4G only.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit