JasonDHendo
Level 1: Cadet

No NBN for my property

We have just been informed that the fixed wireless NBN, just turned on in our area, cannot be received at our property (poor signal strength even though the neighbours have got it). This means that we will need a 3G connection for the forseable future. My question is twofold, Firstly has Telstra stopped providing ADSL upgrades to Rims to provide reasonable internet for those who cannot get the NBN? And do you still sell Mobile Broadband internet gateways for fixed wireless at home?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
GregW
Level 13: Super Sleuth

Re: No NBN for my property

Is that poor signal for the NBN with or without an antenna being installed?  I have been told that the NBN can install an antenna to boost the connection.

If that information is wrong please let me know as I live in an area where the NBN Fixed Wireless is being installed and there are many people in our area that would require like they do for 3G an antenna to get signal.

Cheers

~~ If you don't ask ~~
JasonDHendo
Level 1: Cadet

Re: No NBN for my property

The installer spent 1.5 hours at the property, climbing on house roof, shed roof and generally around the yard. It was for an external antennae installation.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit