Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Post paid mobile broadband

I purchased a postpaid 200gb mobile broadband plan and a 4gxpro modem.  I received the 4gxpro today with a sim which I installed, charged the battery etc. Having gone through the set up to the letter, it's showing no service. I removed the sim and battery and reinstalled them another 3 times and still nothing. I've also reset it and tried it all again. I was told the sim didn't need to be activated that it would work with out a need to be in contact with Telstra - why am I surpised that this is not the case, I only bought this set up because I was told it was straightforward and I wouldn't need Telstra intervention. Another problem I've been trying to get help with is that I've tried to add the account number I was emailed to my Telstra id and that wont work either. The virtual assisnt doesn't actually assist by the way, you need to scrap that useless service. Ready to cancel the account and go elsewhere. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Post paid mobile broadband

I've also noticed that there are 2 different account numbers I've been emailed - neither can be attached to my Telstra Id. 

Highlighted
Level 17: Bureau Chief

Hi @Mbv 

I have one of these devices to, and although the display sometimes gets confused, I haven't had your issue before.

Have you tried to activate your sim online? 

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/mobiles-devices/activate-sim-post-paid

In regards to the accounts issue.

My last Telstra online purchase resulted in the same situation as yours.

When I added the account to mine it showed an error.

So I logged out, and next time I logged in, it was there.

Were you using the app? or Telstra my account via pc.

I don't work for Telstra, Never have, I am just a Telstra customer like you.
So the advice I give is my own, In my own time, Guided by my own experience/knowledge.
Which I am always happy to be corrected on.
Rohan
Highlighted

I have tried both methods and neither work. As to the sim, I was told it doesn't need activation as it's post paid mobile broadband and I can't find any where that indicates where it could be activated if the info at sign up was incorrect. So frustrated - I've stayed away from telstra for 20 years, maybe I should have stayed away.

Highlighted

Hi again @Mbv 

I understand your frustration, 

Did you buy this online, via the Telstra website?

Did you receive an order number?

https://ordertracker.telstra.com.au/

If you did receive an order number, and tracked it above, does the order say complete?

Also Telstra sometimes  send out a piece of paper with there sim cards that tell you if the sim card is already activated, Did you get one of these?

I understand that you were informed there was no activation necessary upon you purchase 

Just trying to figure out how best to proceed.

So the advice I give is my own, In my own time, Guided by my own experience/knowledge.
Rohan
Highlighted

It took 16 attempts to get Telstra to actually help. I was on hold.for 2 hrs then cut off when I supposed to be transferred to a consultant. Text message service didn't work and agents kept ending chats before they even started - nightmare trying to get support. In the end they didn't tell me what was wrong but something they did their end got the service working & the girl had to register my account her end because it wouldn't work my end. As soon as nbn offers more options than satellite in my area I'll be moving on again from Telstra, I just dont have any.other option at the moment but to use them. I dont like being treated so disrespectfully by a business I pay for service & theyve always been shocking to deal with. Thanks for trying to help Rohan.

Highlighted

Hi @Mbv1
Its probably not much comfort however, There are lots of people in similar situations to your own customer experience atm, Try not to take it personally.
For me, Telstra would be a lot better if we just had more call centers here is Aus again.
A few have opened up due to covid 19, Let's hope they stay here.
Always happy to try help.

Ps. You could share your thoughts with the CEO

https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/contact-ceo-form

Rohan

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit