CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Pre-paid Mobile Broadband, Change password

Is there a way to change the password on the prepaid mobile broadband devices?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Pre-paid Mobile Broadband, Change password

Hi,

Are you talking about the password used to connect via Wi-Fi to the mobile broadband device? If it is, you can most definitely change the password to connect to it.

To do this you need to be connected to the modem and navigate to http://telstra.4g  - For Telstra Devices or http://bigpond.4g  - For BigPond Devices.

You'll require to login with the username admin and password admin then navigate to advanced settings. Then select the Wi-Fi tab, then Security Sub Tab and you'll see the security key there. This is the password that is used to connect to the the device via Wi-Fi, it can be changed from here.

I hope this was helpful

-Matt W

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Those links don't work. Please help?
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Ayden, 

What does your device look like? 

Steph

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

those sites do not work

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi pamed, 

What sort of Pre-Paid Mobile Broadband device do you have.. so what's the make and model, or what does it look like?

Highlighted

with the NetGear Air - Telstra 4G My pocket Wi-FOI Ultiamate, how do I change the password.

Also why is the number 2 on the wi-fi symbol.  I know this should be there are two devices connected to the wifi, how I am the only one using it.

Highlighted

This page can’t be displayed

•Make sure the web address http://bigpond.4g is correct.
•Look for the page with your search engine.
•Refresh the page in a few minutes.

Fix connection problems

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit