Mark1952
Level 2: Rookie

Pre-paid Mobile Broadband WIFI dongle Auto Recharge

Answered

In the past when my Pre-paid Mobile WIFI was set to auto recharge on a set day each month, i.e. 5th day of the month.  I would recharge $50, 35GB, 28 day expiry to recharge on let's say the 5th of the month.  It would ignore the extra 2 or 3 days difference between the 28 days and the renewal date.  Hence I would pay for 12 recharges in one year.  It appears that under the NEW recharge plans that the charge in ONLY good of 28 days and will auto-renew every 28 days. Smiley Mad  Therefore you pay for 13 renewals per year, $37.92 per month.  Smiley Mad Is there any way to set the renewal to the anniversary date each month like we use to do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LauraBee
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Pre-paid Mobile Broadband WIFI dongle Auto Recharge

Hi @Mark1952

We have recently moved across to a new billing system, and the auto-recharge will now happen on the expiry day, which does snap to the 28 day month. This is a part of our new billing system, so there isn't a way to change back to the old method. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
LauraBee
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hi @Mark1952

We have recently moved across to a new billing system, and the auto-recharge will now happen on the expiry day, which does snap to the 28 day month. This is a part of our new billing system, so there isn't a way to change back to the old method. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

View solution in original post

Smiley3
Level 23: Superhero

Hi @LauraBee,

Will this also apply to Pre-Paid mobile phone customer's when they get forced off of their existing Pre-Paid mobile plan onto the current Pre-Paid Mobile or Pre-Paid Casual plan...as the Pre-Paid Mobile and Pre-Paid Casual plans are on the new system?

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
Greg_Buch
Support Team
Support Team

hi Smiley3, when your service is moved over to the current plan range at https://tel.st/k9uzh6 then the expiry dates for those plans will apply to the auto recharges

Smiley3

Hi @Greg_Buch,

Thankyou for confirming this.

Wow, after all these year's that Pre-Paid customer's could extend the expiry date by using the Automatic Recharge, Telstra is stopping this.

@Jupiter and I will be prepared for the influx of Pre-Paid customer's that will be wondering why their Automatic Recharge is no longer extending the expiry date.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit