Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Prepaid Internet

Answered

If I buy the Telstra 4GX USB Wifi Plus device, can I use my existing Prepaid sim card (which has heaps of credit on it) in the new device? (The old one has broken!)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Prepaid Internet

Yes there are no settings that need changing. Just replace the SIM card that came with the device with the old SIM card. I have swapped SIM cards between devices with no problems. Providing the old SIM card is for a mobile data connection and not a mobile phone connection tou should just need to swap SIM cards.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Yes the postpaid SIM can be used in a prepaid device providing the post paid SIM fits the prepaid device's SIM slot

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks! So, I can just take out the new sim card, and replace it with the existing one? (Sorry, I'm a bit tech challenged!!)

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Yes there are no settings that need changing. Just replace the SIM card that came with the device with the old SIM card. I have swapped SIM cards between devices with no problems. Providing the old SIM card is for a mobile data connection and not a mobile phone connection tou should just need to swap SIM cards.

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit