Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Reactivate Telstra 4G My Pocket Wi-Fi Plus

Answered

I have a Telstra 4G My Pocket Wi-Fi Plus that I bought  a few years ago that I want to reactivate. There is a SIM in it and I have the number vut it was deactivated years ago. Also, I can't get the SIM out of the device. And where do I need to go to buy a SIM card? It's the old sort, the big one. I paid $100 bucks for

the device so I would really like to use it again if possible

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Reactivate Telstra 4G My Pocket Wi-Fi Plus

Hi SantiArtha,

I also have the 4G My Pocket WI-Fi Plus device.

To remove the SIM you need to push the SIM into the device and it should then pop out a bit (you'll hear a click noise).

It can be tricky to do.

If you can't get it out yourself I'd suggest taking it to a Telstra store and hopefully a Telstra Employee will be able to get it out for you.

I just tried getting mine out and it is a bit fiddly to do...but I could get it out.

While at the Telstra Store they'll be able to give you a new SIM with a new number to go into it.

You'll have to decide if you want to be on a Pre-Paid or Post Paid Data plan.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Hi SantiArtha,

I also have the 4G My Pocket WI-Fi Plus device.

To remove the SIM you need to push the SIM into the device and it should then pop out a bit (you'll hear a click noise).

It can be tricky to do.

If you can't get it out yourself I'd suggest taking it to a Telstra store and hopefully a Telstra Employee will be able to get it out for you.

I just tried getting mine out and it is a bit fiddly to do...but I could get it out.

While at the Telstra Store they'll be able to give you a new SIM with a new number to go into it.

You'll have to decide if you want to be on a Pre-Paid or Post Paid Data plan.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Ok great thanks I got it out!  Is there anywhere else that sells those big SIM cards that I can use and then activate and pay online? Or do I have to go to a Telstra store (my nearest store is 1 hour from my house)

Highlighted

I ended up calling a store and they told me I would have to go in store and buy a SIM and activate a plan. Thanks so much for your help Smiley3!!!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit