Level 1: Cadet

Recharge credit

Answered
It says I have a 300 recharge credit when I log onto my account. ... can someone please explain what this means? Am I getting 300 credit when I just did a 100 recharge or do I have 300 that can be put to credit for my prepaid wifi? Thanks for any help
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Recharge credit

If you recharge a prepaid service before expiry then your recharge credit rolls over (to a maximum of $4999).

If you are on the current Broadband Data Pass, then recharge credit can be used for a few things. If you use all your data, it is used at $2/MB to pay for additional data.

However if you have an Android (or Windows Phone) device you can put the sim in that and use it to purchase things on the Google Play store using carrier billing.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

If you recharge a prepaid service before expiry then your recharge credit rolls over (to a maximum of $4999).

If you are on the current Broadband Data Pass, then recharge credit can be used for a few things. If you use all your data, it is used at $2/MB to pay for additional data.

However if you have an Android (or Windows Phone) device you can put the sim in that and use it to purchase things on the Google Play store using carrier billing.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.

View solution in original post

Will the recharge credit automatically kick in , when my piad usage is used up?

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Gerrym1, 

If you set up this option the credit will automatically be applied once a certain balance is reached:

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/mobiles-tablets/pre-paid/pre-paid-mobile-automatic-recha...

- Iain  

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Level 3: Gumshoe

I now have the same problem as mel3379 and I don't think Iain_T answered geremym1  question. I have $180 "recharge credit" which expires on 2nd Jan 2018.I have always assumed ( silly me ) that I could use this "credit" to recharge my 4g wireless dongle when close to expiry. This apparently is NOT the case. Had a long conversation with the tech chat people and they were unable to explain it to me and the local telstra shop at Victoria point totally confused me too. So people , please, what the heck heck is this "credit" thing? What can I do with it? Do I loose it somewhere sometime? How do I use it? How did I get it?

Bingo2, did you ever ge an answer to your question. I have the same problem. I have been to a Telstra shop, spoken to a fellow, he tells me it is useless, spoke on the phone, the girl said I can use it. Before they put this dam thing on the internet they should explain to the staff aboout it. The bloody well haven't. They are full of bull.

Hi, I had the same issue so I used the live chat function and asked the agent to make the change for me - using the credit - as I couldn't see how to do it myself without entering my credit card details.  The agent upgraded / recharged for me right away and used the recharge credit to pay for it. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit