PS25
Level 2: Rookie

Recharge Mobile Broadband

For a week now I have tried to recharge my mobile broadband via Telstra app but comes up with error message saying try again later.

I can successfully recharge my prepaid mobile which is linked on the same app.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Smiley3
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Recharge Mobile Broadband

Hi PS25,

Instead of using the App, try recharging your Pre-Paid mobile broadband service by logging into your Telstra My Account.

https://www.my.telstra.com.au/myaccount/overview

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
PS25

Thanks Smiley3, I also tried this but same error message comes up. I have messaged Telstra support and they are looking into it. They have given me bonus data on my phone to use as Hotspot as compensation while they investigate 

@Smiley3 wrote:

Hi PS25,

Instead of using the App, try recharging your Pre-Paid mobile broadband service by logging into your Telstra My Account.

https://www.my.telstra.com.au/myaccount/overview

Dowser
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

You might like to consider changing to the Upfront plans for your mobile phone and broadband.

The Telstra Upfront Mobile Plan Extra Large is on special until 30 June for $65/m for 180GB, which you can data share with an Upfront data SIM. (The special price lasts for 12 months)

Picking the Upfront Data Plan Extra Small for $15/m for 5GB, that would give you a combined data allocation of 185 GB for $80/m.

This option could eliminate the need to regularly recharge.

PS25

Thanks Dowser, unfortunately my situation will only allow pre-paid at this stage. 

Smiley3

Hi @PS25,

Come to think of it, I had the same problem recharging my Pre-Paid mobile broadband plan 2 week's ago. I tried recharging through the App and online. 

I always recharge my Pre-Paid mobile phone plan and Pre-Paid mobile broadband plan with a Voucher. I could get to the stage where I entered the Voucher code but then it would say "try again later".

I ended up ringing 132200, got the bot lady, and chose the option along the line's of Technical fault or Fault.

The robot lady ask if I was having trouble recharging and I replied Yes. Then she asked was I using a Voucher and I replied Yes. She asked for the Voucher code and she successfully put the recharge on for me.

It would be frustrating if I had to do this every month, but I'm still on the old Pre-Paid mobile broadband Data Pass plan where I recharge $50/ 5GB with 12 months expiry as it's only for backup. I have now been notified by Telstra that my plan will be changed to the current Pre-Paid mobile broadband plan on 9th June.

With this new plan the 12 months expiry will cost $150. When my current recharge expires I won't be recharging again.

Not everyone wants more Data and not everyone can afford to outlay more money.

I'm glad Telstra gave you extra Data to use as a hotspot. 

Hopefully they can fix the problem quickly for you. 

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit