unknownuser12
Level 2: Rookie

Recharge

Answered

10GB + 15GB Bonus. I try to recharge but completely different deals appear as if it has intentions to decive customers. Should this be reported to the telecommunication ombudsman as deception? Or am I doing something wrong? https://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/prepaid-mobiles/offers-and-rates?tc=G%7cE%7cD%7cTP%7cTPREP%...Smiley Very HappySmiley TongueSmiley Tongue

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Cas-Ra
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Recharge

Hi @unknownuser12, there's no trickery, you just need to be eligible and on the right plan. You'll need to have purchased your $30 SIM online to be eligible for this offer and ensure you're on the correct pre-paid plan. The $300 recharge under Prepaid Mobile Plan includes 10 GB, with bonus data for the first 3 recharges. You can check which prepaid offer you have by logging in to your My Telstra App, and if you feel there's been a mistake you can speak with prepaid support under Get Help>Messaging in the app. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

unknownuser12
Accepted Solution

Well I certainly was deceived and tricked into my transaction, I believe everyone else has also been tricked. I purchased a Sim and recharged with the $30 plan within the current time frame... No bonus credit!

I've lodged a complaint and if the response isn't decent then I'll be filing a complaint with the telecommunication ombudsman into taking funds by deception.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Dowser
Level 17: Bureau Chief

The bonus data information pops up to state:

Activate your SIM card on Pre-Paid Mobile plan and get 15GB bonus data on your first three recharges. Activate or first recharge between 2 February and 29 March, remaining two recharges by 31 May 2021.”

Are you meeting those conditions?.

unknownuser12

Yes, Sim card activated 2 weeks ago and recharged yesterday. The deals failed to link to the appropriate source and trickery was used to deceive the customer into purchasing the wrong ones as the bonus deals were not there (follow link above) So I used the email recharge voucher for $30 and they gave me 12GB with no bonus.

Dowser

Speak to a consultant using the My Telstra app. They can look into it.

Cas-Ra
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hi @unknownuser12, there's no trickery, you just need to be eligible and on the right plan. You'll need to have purchased your $30 SIM online to be eligible for this offer and ensure you're on the correct pre-paid plan. The $300 recharge under Prepaid Mobile Plan includes 10 GB, with bonus data for the first 3 recharges. You can check which prepaid offer you have by logging in to your My Telstra App, and if you feel there's been a mistake you can speak with prepaid support under Get Help>Messaging in the app. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

unknownuser12
Accepted Solution

Well I certainly was deceived and tricked into my transaction, I believe everyone else has also been tricked. I purchased a Sim and recharged with the $30 plan within the current time frame... No bonus credit!

I've lodged a complaint and if the response isn't decent then I'll be filing a complaint with the telecommunication ombudsman into taking funds by deception.

unknownuser12

Also this is mobile internet my response is for, not a mobile phone. I use the webbrowser. If telstra hasn't the capability to offer support services that I can use then please let me know. Because I can't find the support services anywhere.

Cas-Ra
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for clarifying there, as the link in your original post was for mobile phone services. So there's currently no bonus data offer for prepaid mobile broadband recharges: https://tel.st/p66wt;

unknownuser12

It doesn't actually matter. I followed the link Telstra provided under there instructions and they failed to deliver on a purchased item, instead they gave me the wrong item.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit