Matilda9
Level 1: Cadet

Sent incorrect sim card

I ordered a mobile broadband device and a SIM card with 400gb of data. My app shows 400gb of data but my mobile broadband device shows 30gb. I tried to message support but they could not help me unless I quoted an account number starting with 2000 which I do not have. Is there a number I can call or will someone be able to help me in the Telstra shop ?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Dowser
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Sent incorrect sim card

A Telstra Store can issue a new SIM card.

Take the mobile broadband device with you and test it in the store.

JoJoH
Support Team
Support Team

What usage does your Telstra App show? as that it what amount the device will give you. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Depending on the device itself, some mobile broadband modems allow you to manually put in the data quota and alert limits..  you might just be seeing what was previously set, or the default?  Note that most mobiles let you do this as well..   But, the usage is only a guide if you manually input the data allowance to the device because it doesn't accommodate for the free download data component that might be on the service itself.

I am not sure the plan details are embedded in the SIM, because you can change plans..  only accurate guide is to use the My Telstra app or My Account to check what is assigned to the number..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit