brizzie
Level 4: Private Eye

Technical Support

Can anyone advise me how to contact an intelligent lifeform somewhere in technical support ?   I need information that only someone with at least some knowledge could provide. In view of changes over the past months, current / up to date details are imperative. It follows that it is an exercise in frustration to deal with the offshore call centre. Last time I tried I spent hours being shuffled from one person to another until the phone connection  dropped out. No amount of extremely patient explanation of what I need helped and I seriously doubt there is a single offshore type who can answer something that isn't listed in their very limited cheat-sheet. I'm talking about modem settings, prefix definition, exactly what is involved in ensuring I have fixed ipv6 /56, etc etc. It is inconceivable that telco as large as Telstra could operate without at least some staff who know which way is up and which way is down, but after untold attempts I'm at a loss to know how to contact any geek by phone. Next thing I have in mind is to visit a depot and camp there until I find someone who didn't come down in the last shower. Some years ago I had problems resulting from improper location of copper cables very close to underground power cables. After acquiring the direct phone number of the then CEO (that story will wait til another day) I was contacted by a very switched-on bloke with the title of senior faults officer who sorted out the mess. No doubt the clowns have done their utmost to ensure intelligent lifeforms are well hidden these days, but they haven't factored in my persistence.  Any comments / suggestions would be appreciated.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Dowser
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Technical Support

You could elaborate here on your technical issue so the competent modem contributors can consider it.

brizzie

Its a brand new 4g business connection. I haven't been given any setup information despite the business centre telling me I will get a fixed /56 . As I understand the situation, that will require a special SIM, probably a particular APN, DNS details, and who knows what else. Nobody at the the business centre has a clue .... beats me how they stay in busines, but then it is Telstra.  Every internet service provider I've dealt with previously had that kind of info readily available but not this mob. Tried the support number but that ended up going to Manila and wasting hours with clowns who knew far less than me. 

brizzie

I see an ad for Telstra Platinum support at $10 per month. Seems ridiculous to force ne customers to pay to get essential setup info, but maybe that is the only solution if I can't find anyone here.  Judging from comparable posts, business support is a systemic problem.

ShannonD
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @brizzie, if there are no disruptions listed here and you're unable to resolve when you troubleshoot, then it would be best to report the issues to our business fault team on 132999. I'd recommend calling between 8am-8pm during the week, or 8am-6pm on weekends. You can also chat online through the My Telstra app 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

brizzie

I can't even get the most basic setup parameters to begin with, let alone anything more complex. Nobody in an official capacity admits to knowing where I can go to get information that any normal internet service provider has readily available. Who or what is the business fault team ? ..... hopefully it isn't based in Manila.

Bl123
Level 1: Cadet

I’m having the same issues @brizzie, when calling a support team they switch callers every 2 minutes hoping that someone smarter will be some help. Then they just hang up

bl
brizzie

IMO the switching is more to do with deliberate frustration in the hope the caller will give up. That doesn't work with me, in fact it makes me more determined to find answers. Top of my list of annoyances is the totally useless offshore bit. That abortion needs to be completely abolished. I'd like to see the TIO dish out fines for non-performance on every official management muppet including the CEO, sufficient to force the fatcats to sit up and take notice. ACMA is another totally pointless organization, I've never understood why that organization exists as nobody there admits to having jurisdiction over anything. There are a few angles I intend pursuing on Monday including the faults department, the TIO, works depots, this Platinum whatsits, possibly some media type will tip the bucket on the support circus, also need to see if there is a way to annoy the fatcats.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit