LAS24
Level 3: Gumshoe

Telstra 4G USB WiFi Modem issues

Answered

The above device is not accepting the password provided on the security card issued by Telstra. After contacting the store, they suggested to login to http://192.168.1.1 to then change the password. This page will not load. I have tried on different devices over several hours. What else can be done to reset the password for a HUAWEI modem. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LAS24
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra 4G USB WiFi Modem issues

Thank  you everyone for your assistance. I did manage to get it connecting but found it would not activate internet, suggesting the SIM was faulty. Back to the store we go.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
11 REPLIES 11
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity

Can you connect to the Huawei's WiFi? If you can't connect will need to factory reset Huawei by pressing reset button for at least 10 seconds while Huawei is powered on. Reset button is located under SIM cover.

LAS24

Hi, it shows the WiFi being there, but when I enter the password provided, it does not accept it. Would the resetting then affect this further. The URL that was given above from Telstra was meant to be the solution to then reset just the password.

LAS24

This is the page it tries to connect to and rejects the password being entered:

cf4

It is looking for the admin password not the WiFi password which is either password or admin

ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

Hello, As everything else has failed, try the code on the box that it came in.  

Good luck

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
LAS24

I have tried what was on the USB modem itself which is the same as what was on the security card. I will try just admin now.

Mkrtich
Level 21: Augmented

Hi - if you have a Huawei E3872h Wingle , on mine , the Log In User ID = admin and Log-In Password = admin.

I notice in your photo you had two remaining attempts - if you have expired those, maybe try doing another factory reset to start afresh. 

ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

A few weeks ago, someone with a similar issue finally had success with the number on the outside of the  box. I don't know if it was the same modem.That's why I made the suggestion.

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
Mkrtich

Yes, that could be applicable to some new procedure or peculiar to the broadband modems. I assisted a friend with a new 4G Home Broadband Huawei B818-263 modem (not mobile broadband) on Optus this week and we had to enter a very long Alphanumeric string (on modem label) into the GUI before the standard Log-In admin process. I think it triggered the auto activation of the account in the 4G Network as it showed up on his phone App, the LEDs all came up correctly and then we could log-in to do signal health checks and customise admin access password and  Wi-Fi SSID changes and passwords. Home Broadband seems to consume a lot of unaccounted data allowance on the first day - it has settled down since.  

SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Yes, the code being asked for turned out to be the device serial number I think..  thought that was odd because I have never had that happen..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
LAS24
Accepted Solution

Thank  you everyone for your assistance. I did manage to get it connecting but found it would not activate internet, suggesting the SIM was faulty. Back to the store we go.

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit