Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please post a new topic.
Telstra 4GX modem consuming large volumes of data with no devices attached
Hi, I have a Telstra 4GX modem which I got at toward the end of last year. Recently I have noticed that data usage level have gone up. Fearing it was someone using our connection I first changed the access key (and updated my devices at home with the new key). The volumes did not changes. Meaning it must be one of the devices at home. I started blocking the devices I though might be the cause. This had no affect. I have now blocked all but one device (so I can logon to the modem) and the data consumption remains high. For example today (9th Feb 2020) there have been no devices attached to the modem but consumption is over 2GB. How is this possible?? Further perspective. I have started using my phone's connection. I download movies, stream, download software, work remotely and so far the month it has consumed about 40GB where the 4GX that is barely being used is at 47GB. Again how is this possible? Is the devices consuming data itself?
- 0 Likes
- 250 Views
- 1 Reply
Was this helpful?
- Yes it was, thank you
- No, I still need help
Re: Telstra 4GX modem consuming large volumes of data with no devices attached
Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.
- I work for Telstra in the following products.
- Telstra Platinum, Telstra Business Services, Telstra Smart Home, Velocity, Locator and NBN faults.
- I'm not here in an official capacity, I just like fixing things and respond in my own time when I can.
- Include "@343GuiltySpark" in your reply to get my attention if you're after me specifically.
- My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's, just so we're all on the same page.
- 0 Likes
- 0 Replies