Random_Shouting
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra 5g pro data pooling?

Answered

I have four devices that collectively share 130 GB of data (80GB + 40GB + 5GB + 100MB).

I just received my 5g pro modem and want to know if I can make it display all the pooled data on its screen instead of the 5 GB plan that that SIM is on?  The SIM that is in the modem is just a XSM data plan so only shows 5G of data on the modem screen.  When I use the Telstra App on one of our phones or tablets it shows the proportion of the total 132 GB pool.  Can I make this show on the modem?

Regards
Random_Shouting

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra 5g pro data pooling?

Telstra are ending all data share  arrangements around Australia Day 2021..  Smiley Frustrated  I doubt there will be any 5G data sharing available - in my experience, certainly not while the tech is new, still emerging and on an accelerated uptake curve (due mostly to optimistic advertising)..

I'm porting mine to the opposition, except where I 'have' to use Telstra at remote sites where only the big T is available..  I don't need superfast data for those locations anyway - reliable connectivity/data is my main requirement there..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

View solution in original post

ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

You're absolutely correct Steve. 2 weeks ago they gave me notice they're cancelling it later in January. I cancelled it last week. They're begging old loyal customers to go to Optus and Vodafone.

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

When did you get the SIM for the 5G modem? Current plans do not include data sharing (that feature was removed some time ago now), so if it in the last 18 months or so, it is not part of the data pool.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Random_Shouting
Level 1: Cadet

The SIM is quite old, I used it in a Kewfi dongle before transferring it to my 5G WifiPro.  It is included in my data pool and all works well on the 24/7 app - just the 5G modem wont recognise the data pool.

SteveW_52
Accepted Solution

Telstra are ending all data share  arrangements around Australia Day 2021..  Smiley Frustrated  I doubt there will be any 5G data sharing available - in my experience, certainly not while the tech is new, still emerging and on an accelerated uptake curve (due mostly to optimistic advertising)..

I'm porting mine to the opposition, except where I 'have' to use Telstra at remote sites where only the big T is available..  I don't need superfast data for those locations anyway - reliable connectivity/data is my main requirement there..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

You're absolutely correct Steve. 2 weeks ago they gave me notice they're cancelling it later in January. I cancelled it last week. They're begging old loyal customers to go to Optus and Vodafone.

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit