Level 3: Gumshoe

Telstra 5G Wi-Fi Pro Modem Model MU500 and Business Data Plan - where is the SIM?

Hi,

I just took delivery of one of these modems as part of my order that includes a Business Data Plan - Large. 

But there's no SIM - either in the modem or anywhere else in the packaging.

There is a sticker that quotes the IMEI.

My order refers to a "Physical SIM Activation Kit".
Is that meant to include the SIM, or is it just the sim removal tool?

Regards,
Leigh

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Telstra 5G Wi-Fi Pro Modem Model MU500 and Business Data Plan - where is the SIM?

The Physical SIM Activation Kit is the SIM. The SIM removal tool is part of the device.

I would normally expect the SIM to be in the same delivery as the device these days, but it could be a separate package. To find out, you will need to send a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen) and if Codi redirects you, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred to the queue to chat with a human.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Level 3: Gumshoe

Re: Telstra 5G Wi-Fi Pro Modem Model MU500 and Business Data Plan - where is the SIM?

Thanks, Jupiter, for the helpful information.

An extensive search of the packaging revealed the SIM.

I am sorry for bothering you.

Regards,

Leigh

No problems. The only stupid question is the one not asked.

Glad you found the SIM.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit