Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Telstra 5G Wi-Fi Pro Modem Model MU500 and Business Data Plan - only getting 4G and 5GB monthly data

Hi,

I have just inserted the provided SIM in to my new Telstra 5G Wi-Fi Pro Modem Model MU500.

I have signed up for a 5G Business Data Plan - Large which should give me 200GB of monthly data.

But the modem is only showing 4G and 5GB monthly data. How do I go about getting this fixed?

Regards, Leigh

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Telstra 5G Wi-Fi Pro Modem Model MU500 and Business Data Plan - only getting 4G and 5GB monthly

You might need to wait a while - up to 4 hours or more unfortunately, for provisioning to catch up..  almost all of Telstra is crippled with Covid measures, so things are taking longer to get actioned. Smiley Frustrated

it took 6 hours today for an working eSIM to be transferred from one device to another on the Telstra network. (As a comparison, Optus took less than 10 minutes to do the exact same thing this morning - they seem to be dealing with the Covid situation a whole lot better!)

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Highlighted

Re: Telstra 5G Wi-Fi Pro Modem Model MU500 and Business Data Plan - only getting 4G and 5GB monthly

Thanks, Steve, for explaining likely provisioning time.

18 hours have elapsed and no changes - the modem is still only showing 4G and 5GB monthly data.

Is there anyone from Telstra out there that can help?

Highlighted

Have you power cycled the modem today?

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Highlighted

Power cycled just now.

No change, but do I need to wait a little longer?

Highlighted

It is hard to say with Telstra at present..  have you looked on your account page at My Account or even on the My Telstra app, to see what is showing against that service?

Stevo 52
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Leigh, how's it looking today?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Hi Ollie,

Thanks for your interest.

Spent 45 minutes on the phone yesterday.

First 20 minutes got lost when I was transferred to Business Team, then phone went dead.

Started a new call, took 20 minutes before it was decided that we needed the Business Team.

But they were closed.

Just spent another 20 minutes on phone, but we were cut off at the Telstra end.

Guy rang back, held on for one second before hanging up.

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Right, are you a business customer Leigh?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

Yes.

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Ah ok, I don't have any contacts in our business team, best bet will be to get in touch with them via the My Telstra app.

Highlighted

Two days ago I spent some hours via messaging.  That was not lost time, cos I could keep working.

Here's the most recent part of our chat session:

You -15:24
I have been able to access internet ever since putting the Sim in. It still only shows 4g and 5gb data.
should I reboot?

Telstra Person -15:30
If you can able to access internet, that's fine Leigh. Just to confirm that instead of 200GB on your account it's just showing 5GB and you would like to know the reason for it right?

You-15:31

Yes, not the reason. I just want what I ordered 5g and 200gb.

Telstra Person -15:40
Alright, if that is the case as your account activated today it may take 24 to 48 hours to get completely activated and will relflect all the details.

Chat ended for the day!

48 hours later - my 5G is not activated.

I think my step is the TIO.

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @LeighWardle,

Has our Business team been able to advise of an order reference number? 

When you log into your account here: https://tel.st/5vhkm is it still showing your old plan? 

Highlighted

Thanks, Ivan.

I have the order number - the modem and data plan were ordered online.

I have been told that a new business account number was created for that order.

But I have no password for that account.  

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

No worries. I have sent you a PM to assist further. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit