CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra Elite PP mobile wifi - will not connect to new laptop

Answered

My brother has just bought a new Asus windows 10 laptop.  He uses a Telstra elite prepaid mobile broadband device.  The device always connected well with his old laptop and it is still connecting well with that machine, as well as with my laptop, tablet and mobile phone.  However, when he tries to connect to the new laptop, it shows only Limited connection (no internet access).  I tethered my phone to the new laptop and again the connection was shown as Limited.  This machine is brand new so surely it must be a setting that we are missing somehow?  For the first week it connected (erratically) now it just will not connect at all.  Any thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Elite PP mobile wifi - will not connect to new laptop

So after spending many hours on this problem, I found references on the net about problems with McAfee security preventing internet access.  Deleted McAfee and the problem is all fixed.  Tried to just close down the firewall, but that was not successful.. Had to delete the whole program.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Elite PP mobile wifi - will not connect to new laptop

So after spending many hours on this problem, I found references on the net about problems with McAfee security preventing internet access.  Deleted McAfee and the problem is all fixed.  Tried to just close down the firewall, but that was not successful.. Had to delete the whole program.

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit