jocksquin
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra (Netgear) ORBI LBR1020

I have Telstra ORBI Router with One Satellite providing all wireless email and internet to my home.

I do not have ADSL or NBN.

The "steady state" indicator of both the Router and satellite working correctly,is a steady BLUE LED.

Until recently,after power outages,etc the router has always restarted and recovered to the steady "BLUE" LED state.

After a recent Ausnet power outage,my router is showing either red/white or orange/white pulsing LEDs.

It will not recover to a steady BLUE LED - however the Satellite shows the steady BLUE LED.

Note the Router and satellite are working perfectly through this.

I've tried to restart,reset the Router,etc to no avail

Can any one help

(I found the Netgear support useless)

Rgds

Ron

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Mkrtich
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Telstra (Netgear) ORBI LBR1020

Hi - are you still able to access the Internet -  according to the Datasheet, red and white flashing LED means you have reached your Data Usage allowance - is that case? Failing that, did Netgear suggest you try a factory reset in case the modem needs that to finalise any firmware update? 

jocksquin

Hi,thanks for your reply.

Internet access is not affected.

I read about my LEDs pulsing possible being a Data useage issue but with 40GB of unused data when it problem first started - and it's recently ticked over to another 60GB for this month,this is clearly not the problem.

There is also no updated firmware available - I have the latest (I checked).

There was a warning Note from Netgear about possible failures after the DST time change if "Traffic metering' was activated during the time change but my problem had started long before that.(and Traffic metering is not activated for my system)

I've done restarts,re-powered,etc but have not been game to do a factory reset with the DST timechange.

I don't understand why the Satellite is "normal" through this but the router isn't.

As I said,it's been through a few power outages recently and recovered perfectly.

Maybe i should just do the factory reset and cross my fingers

Mkrtich

Thanks - Seems like all is functioning well except the Data Usage notification LED being confused. The Blue LED on the Satellite signifies it is synchronised successfully to the Router after restart power ups, so all OK. It appears as is the software controlling Data Usage Notification may have been impacted or corrupted by the Austnet power outage.

If you don't have a lot of custom settings, have done a Factory Reset and the problem still persists, wondering if putting Traffic Monitor ON will pacify the Data Usage function somehow. Is there a reset setting or maximum limit setting warning within the Traffic Monitor screens. 

I am not familiar with this product. Difficult to pinpoint the cause - if putting in another Voice or Data SIM results in the same outcome (don't do this without turning OFF power to the Orbi 4GX) , it sort of points back to the modem or the original Data SIM. There may be a possibility that your Data SIM could have been also affected by a power surge when power was restored - maybe Telstra can check or somehow refresh it's network settings? 

jocksquin

Gday,

I've done a Factory reset and reinstalled Sim, ORBI, etc and the problem persists.

Router working fine,Satellite "steady" BLUE LED but Router flashing red/white.

I'm not going to play with the Traffic meter settings as there is a know problem/fault with the recent time change

Next time I'm in town I'll take it to Telstra and let them sort it out - mayube they will replace it,who knows

JoJoH
Support Team
Support Team

Have you checked to see if there is any outages in your area?   https://tel.st/7kdhb

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

jocksquin

That's the sort of question I'd expect from Telstra.

Of course there have been outages - both Ausnet power outages and Telstra internet outages,

My posts clearly explain that the current problem occurred after an Ausnet power outage but co-incidently the same time Netgear advised there was a potential issue due to DST time change. I do not have Traffic meter activated on my router so there should have been no problem. My problem occurred BEFORE DST time change anyway.

The outages are relatively short and the product I spent $400 on has recovered every time expect for the last Ausnet power outage last week .

So there is a product problem/firmware in my opinion and I will expect Telstra to fix it

TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Jocksquin. 

You will need to contact technical support. You can do this via the My Telstra App messaging service (link here https://tel.st/lcm7k). Just click on the "Get Help" menu icon and then click on the "Message Us" button and type "Technical Support" and a member of the team will be in touch to assist you with this. If you get stuck on the Codi chat bot, you can type "Consultant" to get through to a team member. 

Or you can call on 133933, but wait times are long at the moment. 

- Tom

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Jocksquin. 

Just checking in to see how you went?

- Tom

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit