Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra Smart Modem Gen 2 - Arcadyan LH1000 - Restarting every 10 minutes

Hi there,

Hoping someone is able to assist here, over the last 24-48 hours my Telstra Smart Modem Gen 2 - Arcadyan LH1000 has been restarting every 10 minutes.

Troubleshooting steps followed as below:
-reset factory settings,
-changed IP range,

-changed SSID,
-changed coaxial cable,
-changed network cables to all devices including from the NTU. 

I have run a continuous ping "ping 8.8.8.8 -t" and can notice the drop out after 10 minutes, every 10 minutes.

I have spoken to Telstra on the phone and ran them through all of the troubleshooting I had already gone through, they proceeded to make me go through resetting the factory settings again. While I was on the phone the modem restarted itself 3 times. 

The service desk tech told me the connection had to be monitored and they cant do anything unless I report it as not fixed (which i advised on the phone it had not been fixed).

I had a look at the logs and it looks like there is some kind of attempt for a firmware update which is then followed by a remote reboot request

29.01.2020 17:41:54 WiFi_Booster-(mymodem)IF[5G](XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX)Smiley FrustratedTA(XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX) connected.
29.01.2020 17:43:49 do memory saving process(MR2)
29.01.2020 17:44:17 [fw_upgrade] Firmware file /tmp/uploadXXXXXX_plc upgrade success
29.01.2020 17:44:19 TR069: Firmware LH1000_0.09.11r_build01_R0A_debug.w.ArcSigned download successfully.
29.01.2020 17:44:19 TR069: Current connection request URL: XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
29.01.2020 17:44:29 WiFi_Booster-Reboot request from GUI
29.01.2020 17:44:29 APP-Network restarted by 127.0.0.1
29.01.2020 17:44:29 TR069: Reboot by ACS command.

I have requested a call back from Telstra with no response, has anyone had any luck getting this model device working?

Thank you

Shain

Kind regards,

Shain

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Telstra Smart Modem Gen 2 - Arcadyan LH1000 - Restarting every 10 minutes

Have you tried turning WiFi off on the modem to see if modem still restarts? Is modem restarting (Front light turning off) or are you just losing the Internet connection.

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Hi @cf4,

Yes - I have tried that, although I just unplugged the WAN cable and forced it over to 4G and it stayed on for 30 minutes without restarting. As soon as I plugged in the WAN cable again and rebooted, after 10 minutes it restarted itself again.

Seems like it could be NBN related? Although so outages listed whatsoever. Telstra just called back and said they are sending out a replacement modem.

Kind regards,

Shain
Highlighted
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

Sounds like it's faulty, the NBN should not be able to force the modem to restart.

Could be wired wrong, a loose wire or could just be shorting out.

I would advise keeping it unplugged til you receive the new modem especially if it feels warmer then normally as it could catch fire

The new modem should fix the issues

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Having the same problem with my gen2 modem started today at 0230 and has done it all day 11-02-2020.

Rang telstra and was told that they will send out a tech to look at it haha. 

I belive that the telstra modem has got faulty again, i have taken the phone line out and it work on the slow mobile network.....

I sure that the modem needs to be replaced like yours.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit