bythebrook
Level 5: Eagle Eye

TG800vac with USB 3G/4G dongle

I have a Telstra Gateway Max 2 (TG800vac) and the advanced modem settings suggest that I can use a 3G/4G modem dongle to act as a fallover when my ADSL isn't available. Where can I find a list of compatible dongles? I don't want to buy one only to find it doesn't work.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Kalak
Level 23: Superhero

Re: TG800vac with USB 3G/4G dongle

Unfortunately Telstra don't publish a list.

They don't even publish a manual for the modem 😞

If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
Shellock
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

At this time, the Mobile Broadband Back-up feature is not supported for the Sagemcom F@ST 5355 (Telstra Gateway) or the Technicolor TG800 (Telstra Gateway Max 2). I apologise for the inconvenience that this has caused you.

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

martymoose69
Level 1: Cadet

so to be sure

your saying 3g dongle dont work

telstra just told me to buy one as internet nbn is down and they will reiburse me

????

DeltaSquad
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@martymoose69

A 3G device connected directly to your computer in the mean time will work for you (I believe this is what the team meant when you were advised to do this), however we don't currently support the devices being connected to the USB Port on the modem.

I apologise for any confusion.

- Matt

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

martymoose69
Level 1: Cadet

Well maybe they need to remove the feature menu from the modem!!!!!
DeltaSquad
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@martymoose69

The modem interfaces are standardised. I do apologise for the confusion.
We do hope to support the feature in the future.

- Matt

Miketas0

Having received this modem that was supposed to have all the features only to find it is slower than my previous modem plus flaky wireless  networking I am not very happy at all think I will disconnect it and go back  my previous one think I have wasted my money 

Mike
Renee
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Miketas0,

This certainly doesn't sound too good, have you taken this up with our Tech Support Team at all? If so, what has been advised?

Miketas0

Seems to be ok now I did a factory reset and that fixed the problem sorry for the late reply

Mike

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit