Pinky909
Level 1: Cadet

The pre-paid sim works instantly with pc but having trouble registering the sim on my mac

Hi I have tried uninstalling and re installing several times but doesn't finish the registration. Network preferences ways that it has a self assigned ip and can't connect to the internet. Can anyone help?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
EvilDaifu

Re: The pre-paid sim works instantly with pc but having trouble registering the sim on my mac

If it's BigPond and has already been registered - you should not need to register it again once the registration has been done on PC or MAC. What's the name of the USB modem?
Pinky909

Re: The pre-paid sim works instantly with pc but having trouble registering the sim on my mac

It is a sierra 4g wireless aircard. I have another mobile broadband sim that I would usually use with the device but my data speed has been slowed. I received a bonus pre paid sim with purchase of new iphone 6 which I have successfully used on a pc but when I install the device on my mac it installs successfully but then says sim not registered and I can't connect to the internet. Registration seems to get to 50% then stops. I thought maybe my network settings might need to be changed.

Matt_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Pinky909,

Please try uninstalling the connection manager software and restarting the computer. Then reconnect the device to install the software again to see if it helps.

It sounds like your MAC and the device aren't communicating with each other.

-Matt W

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit