Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

The Telstra 5G Wi-Fi Pro

Hi All,

I just recently purchased a Telstra 5G Wi-Fi Pro to work from home and outdoor do work. But the device keeps randomly restarting / rebooting itself. Does anyone have any fixes for this? It’s kind of inconvenient when you’re streaming a meeting or class to an audience. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: The Telstra 5G Wi-Fi Pro

I hear you. Already had my device replaced. Had to lodge multiple complaints before someone took it seriously. The first device had shocking battery charge, the second is a bit better, but the random restarts are unacceptable. Either poor device build or poor firmware from ZTE and or Telstra.

This device is too expensive for Telstra to be ignoring this.

Highlighted

Thank you for the reply,

Hopefully an update can fix it asap. Given I am in Victoria and in a lockdown, rolling up to the nearest store isn't as easy as it used to be sadly. But that might be the only choice I have. 

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Same issues. multiple resets and dropouts. unusable.

Highlighted

Same here, got it yesterday, great speeds and when working love it, but keeps restarting and very frustrating.

Highlighted

I just picked mine up this week and getting constant restarts, did you find a solution? Seems like it was an issue a few months ago, hoping a replacement or some other fix is possible by now. 

Highlighted

Had mine for about 2 months. Live in inner city Sydney in the middle of 5g coverage. Device spends 80% of its time connected to 4g and when on 5g drops out constantly. Horrendous waste of money.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit