Level 2: Rookie

The Telstra 5G Wi-Fi Pro

Hi All,

I just recently purchased a Telstra 5G Wi-Fi Pro to work from home and outdoor do work. But the device keeps randomly restarting / rebooting itself. Does anyone have any fixes for this? It’s kind of inconvenient when you’re streaming a meeting or class to an audience. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9

Re: The Telstra 5G Wi-Fi Pro

I hear you. Already had my device replaced. Had to lodge multiple complaints before someone took it seriously. The first device had shocking battery charge, the second is a bit better, but the random restarts are unacceptable. Either poor device build or poor firmware from ZTE and or Telstra.

This device is too expensive for Telstra to be ignoring this.

Thank you for the reply,

Hopefully an update can fix it asap. Given I am in Victoria and in a lockdown, rolling up to the nearest store isn't as easy as it used to be sadly. But that might be the only choice I have. 

Same issues. multiple resets and dropouts. unusable.

Same here, got it yesterday, great speeds and when working love it, but keeps restarting and very frustrating.

Level 1: Cadet

I just picked mine up this week and getting constant restarts, did you find a solution? Seems like it was an issue a few months ago, hoping a replacement or some other fix is possible by now. 

Had mine for about 2 months. Live in inner city Sydney in the middle of 5g coverage. Device spends 80% of its time connected to 4g and when on 5g drops out constantly. Horrendous waste of money.

Having suffered the same frequent reboot issue on two different devices (Telstra replaced it for me after some complaining).

I found that by performing a factory reset on the current firmware (M01) then disable the automatic firmware update feature and set the 2.4ghz forced to 40mhz.

It's still not perfectly stable, but I will routinely now get at least a whole day, and sometimes as many as 5 days. 

I got the highest stability by disabling absolutely everything on the 5g pro and using a separate router behind it on Ethernet. In that set up it would fairly consistently stay up for 5 - 7 days.

But if you don't have a second router, and don't want the WiFi pro to be a glorified modem, that's not a great solution. 

Good luck!! 

Same problem for me. Multiple random restarts causing interruptions and attached devices to become confused. It hardly ever stays up long enough for the battery protection to kick in.

Seriously, I think my old dial up was faster and more reliable than this rubbish.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit