jo1986
Level 1: Cadet

Trouble Registering Telstra 4G post paid sim with USB 4G Sierra Modem

Hi,

I have recently bought (outright) a Sierra 320U 4G USB telstra modem. I have also bought a 4G telstra mobile broadband sim post pay on a $50 plan (8gb). Even with full reception the device can not connect and register to the network. In the account settings it asks for my bigpond login but I don't have one as I'm using telstra mobile 4G.

Although my area is covered by 4G according to the telstra map, I have also not been able to connect to a 4G network, only 3G, I only know this because the manual for the modem reads 'green light for 4G, blue light for 3G', my modem is always on blue for some reason and as stated before unable to register with the network. Should I sell this one and buy from the online telstra shop?

Jo

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Matt_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Trouble Registering Telstra 4G post paid sim with USB 4G Sierra Modem

Hi Jo,

Sounds like you might have a Bigpond device/account there. Did the SIM have a Bigpond logo and is the plan that you signed up for a Bigpond plan?

Bigpond wireless broadband services use a username and password where the Telstra wireless broadband services don't. I would suggest taking it into a Telstra store if at all possible and they will be able to find out what the problem is and provide the best solution.

-Matt W

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit