hm26
Level 1: Cadet

ugrading from USB mobile modem to 4G wifi

I am having issues with upgrading my USB mobile modem to a 4G wi fi modem. The first device I was sent was faulty so I am waiting to receive a replacement. Questions I would like answered are

Do I have to uninstall the USB device before installing the 4G wi fi one? The new device and new 24 month plan has a different user (email) name. The tech help people I spoke to on the phone said it should be ok so long as I didnt have into the USB port but I am wondering whether it could be the cause of some of the problems I have been having.

Also, will it be necessary to go through the same process when the replacement modem arrives, i.e. plug it into the USB port and activate it.

It appears that my faulty device has been activated although I am unable to use it, and also will it have the same password.

Please be kind to me as this is my first post and I have only just joined crowd support!

regards,

hm26

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Chegzilla
Level 10: Junior Detective

Re: ugrading from USB mobile modem to 4G wifi

Hello,

You will need to activate the modem again, however, during the activation process you need to select that you have an existing account and enter in the details you received with the original Wi-Fi modem. Your service details remain unchanged, just the hardware and one step of the activation process.

Hopefully this answers your questions, as I'm a little rusty without seeing the device infront of me haha.

Chegzilla

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Don't forget to show your appreciation - mark solutions when you see them, and provide your Kudos wherever you see a fantastic answer.
hm26

Hi Chegzilla,

thanks for your quick reply and the information. Most helpful.

You don't happen to know whether I need to uninstall the USB before I do the activation for the wi fi one, do you?

regards,

hm26

Chegzilla
Level 10: Junior Detective

There isn't any need for it to be there, so get rid of it whenever you feel like. It won't make a difference either way :-)

Chegzilla

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Don't forget to show your appreciation - mark solutions when you see them, and provide your Kudos wherever you see a fantastic answer.
hm26

thanks again.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit