CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Unable to access usage for Pre Paid Mobile Broadband

Answered

I want to be able to check my online wireless broadband balance ON THE WEB. I do not have a smart phone. I buy prepaid wireless broadband from Telstra for my PC.

I used to be able to use this link: http://192.13.38.117.243/broadband/myHistoryAction.mml?a=view to do this. Now it just throws up an error message:

This site can’t be reached

192.13.38.117.243’s server DNS address could not be found.

Search Google for 192 117 243 broadband my History Action

ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

What I have tried to fix this problem:

1. Started at https://id.telstra.com.au/add-account
  2. Clicked ADD AN ACCOUNT
  3. That took me to a screen that asked for my first name, last name, and date of birth.
  4. Under Your Telstra Account, it said to enter either the mobile number or the Telstra account number
  5. I entered the mobile number associated with my Telstra ELITE dongle - **** *** ***
  6. At top of that screen, it said "Those details are different to our records. Contact us on 24x7 chat."
  7. Tried the other option of entering the 13 digit Telstra account number – *************
  8. Same result - Please try again - those details are different to our records. If something's not right, contact us on24x7 Chatfor help.
  9. My name and my birthdate are correct.
  10. When I first tried to “add a Telstra account” I put in my initial as part of my name.
  11. When I realised that the initial might be causing problems, I deleted it and just typed in first and last name.
  12. Again, all I get is "Those details are different to our records. Contact us on 24x7 chat."

I am able to recharge via this page: https://www.telstra.com.au/my-account/prepaid-recharge but I cannot tell when that recharge amount will expire since I can't get into a page that shows my usage.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to access usage for Pre Paid Mobile Broadband

Hi Janwa,

You can also type m.telstra.com into the browser on your pc with the Pre-paid wireless broadband device connected.

You should see all the information for your device, including your expiry date and usage.

You can also recharge it on there. 

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

Hi Janwa,

Try typing http://192.168.0.1 into the browser on your pc.

Near the top right hand corner it will ask for your password to login.

The default password is password. 

This is how I view my prepaid mobile broadband information. 

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Hi Janwa,

You can also type m.telstra.com into the browser on your pc with the Pre-paid wireless broadband device connected.

You should see all the information for your device, including your expiry date and usage.

You can also recharge it on there. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi Smiley3,

I followed the instructions but still no access!

When I entered http://192.168.0.1 I did get a "Welcome to Telstra Elite Pre-paid Mobild Wifi" kind of old-fashioned looking box and it asked for a user name and password. 

I put in my username and the word "password" for the password - and got an error screen. I then tried my Telstra ID usernam/password combination and got the same result..

This is driving me mad!

Thanks,

Janwa

Highlighted

OMG - that worked! Hallelujah! You rock!

Thank you so much,

Janwa

Highlighted

Hi Janwa,

You're welcome Smiley Happy

I re read your post and checked a couple of ways that I have used in the past. 

I should have told you to use m.telstra.com firstSmiley Surprised

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

I have tried all the methods suggested - and still no success.

This is typical the poor customer service provided by Telstra.

Why the hell can't Telstra simply state in clear terms how to do it????????

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Stuart1234

Can you share some information on what's happening when you try each method, so we can try and address the problems for you

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

I recently bought a Pre Paid Telstra 4GX Wi Fi.  I have typed http://m.home into the address line and it comes up with my dongle and recognises the SSID, however when I type in the password to access this data it says incorrect password and I have 4 attempts left.  The password is taken from the little green card that came with the dongle and I typed in exactly the Wireless Security Key (WPA) into the password request box.  Nothing works.  I want to know how to access my usage and what plan I can go on, but it won't grant me access. Any help would be appreciated.

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@razoredge57

The Wireless Security Key is not used to access the modem interface. This is only used to connect your wireless devices to your wireless network.

The default password for the modem interface is "password" (without quotations).

You can also view usage using m.telstra.com as mentioned in the posts above.

- Matt

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit