Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Unable to create new APN

I have recently got the Sierra Aircard 320U however i generally create the telstra.corp APN for my companies VPN. There doesnt seem to be an optin to actually create another APN using the mobile broadband manager that came with the device. Anyone know if there is somewhere i am not looking or can tell me if this option has been disabled.

Regards

Dev

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Unable to create new APN

not sure as I haven't seen this device but have you tried doing it while disconnected, on some models I know you can't add an APN while it is actively using the existing one

if not anyway I'm sure someone in support will know how to go about it as there are various APN's in use throughout the system so you won't be the first person that has needed to do this I'm sure
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Statistically, three out of five people are not the other two
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Dev,

Try using the sierra wireless connection manager which you can download directly from

http://www.sierrawireless.com/en/sitecore/content/Sierra%20Wireless/Support/Downloads/AirCard/USB_Mo...

using this program you can create a new profile in the options and set in the APN manually.

Should do the trick but let me know if there are any probs.

Josh | Tech Expert |
Need additional help? Book a Telstra Tech Bar appointment.

Although I am Telstra staff, any views express are my own and don't necessarily reflect those of Telstra
Highlighted
Level 17: Bureau Chief

@Dev wrote:

I have recently got the Sierra Aircard 320U however i generally create the telstra.corp APN for my companies VPN. There doesnt seem to be an optin to actually create another APN using the mobile broadband manager that came with the device. Anyone know if there is somewhere i am not looking or can tell me if this option has been disabled.

Maybe I'm running different software but if I run my Mobile Broadband Manager and go to Tools / Options, it's the first entry on the first tab of the settings.

--
Kevin
[ I am a Telstra Employee however my posts here are done in a personal capacity.]
Highlighted
Community Alumni (Retired)

@KrayzeeKev wrote:

@Dev wrote:

Maybe I'm running different software but if I run my Mobile Broadband Manager and go to Tools / Options, it's the first entry on the first tab of the settings.

Youc an also hold the Shift Key down as you click settings Smiley Happy

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Highlighted

Morning 

Thanks for all the help so far. The Sierra WIreless watcher lets me actually add the APN that i need however when i plug the modem in it still wants to try and install the Telstra Broadband Manager. If i have both installed both programs want to start when i plug it in. This wouldnt bother me that much but the modem is for the CEO who is not tech savvy.

The Telstra software only lets me change between telstra.bigpond . datapack .internet and .pcpaack. I need to add a telstra.corp, when holding shift and going into settings it just adds the diagnoses tab but nothing else. Anymore ideas?

Regards

Dev

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

That's correct, I checked the software and the latest version doesnt allow to set the APN manually, the older versions you could.

In terms of the device wanting to kick off the install when you plug it in, just make sure that the Telstra CM software is uninstalled when you have the Sierra watcher on the computer. I think you should be able to disable the auto startup through my computer. The device should come up like an external disk and I believe you should be able to adjust the 'action' that occurs automatically when it's detected through properties. If i'm correct there, that should stop the Telstra CM from auto starting once you switch the 'action' to do nothing.
Josh | Tech Expert |
Need additional help? Book a Telstra Tech Bar appointment.

Although I am Telstra staff, any views express are my own and don't necessarily reflect those of Telstra
Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented

which OS are you using?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Statistically, three out of five people are not the other two
Highlighted

Hi,

Are you aware of which version this was possible in?  If so you also wouldn't know where I could find the installer at all?

Thanks

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit