Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

USB G4 device & Windows 10

I have a 4G post paid mobile broadband device. It worked fine with previous Windows but I have the well documented problems with Win 10. I have looked at the relevent articles/pages here regarding this. They are all dated early August, now 4+ months ago. The 'fix' involves an amazingly long sequence of options & settings. I have installed the current UCM which is still not recognising my device. I am using this on a tower at home in a mobile blackspot however when I need it to work on location with a strong signal, I will need it to definitely function, without delay.

After all this time, with a Win OS that was a year in testing and after being live for 5+ months, is there a straightforward firmware fix that I can download & apply to use the service that I am paying for? Alternatively, is there a replacement device that I can get to plug in that will actually work?

Before someone misunderstands my request, no, I do not expect it to work in a mobile blackspot. I have NBN satellite there which can download fixes to ensure that when I take the tower to Sydney, the G4 USB device will work without delay. I do not expect to need to be a second year computer science uni student to understand this fix.

Thank you.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Re: USB G4 device & Windows 10

Hi there.

I assume this clicky is the one you've attempted to follow?

You might have to find someone that's hands on as atleast while they're there things would be sorted quickly and more efficiently.

Cheers,
Dave

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks Dave, and yes, that was the one. I am confused by Telsta's Help system and this was the only one that I could find. I assumed this was Telstra's way of keeping customers with problems at arm's length! I cannot be the only one frustrated by this but I cannot find an answer anywhere on Telstra's site.

Thanks for your response and if any Telstra help is seeing this, could you please advise?

Peter

Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Right oh.. Makes me think if win10 has upset the apple cart and installed something it shouldn't. Can you see the device in device manager? You might pop to "show all users" from one of the pull downs.. Potentially then you could uninstall the associated driver and uninstall the current 4G software. Unplug and restart then reinstall.. Hopefully following the instructions.

Otherwise as stated seeking professional help my yield a better result.

Cheers,
Dave

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit