brizzie
Level 4: Private Eye

What is the actual status of Crowd Support ? \

Since Crowd Support occupies part of telstra.com.au, one would expect it to be monitored by Telstra, however I've seen only precious few indications that Telstra management knows or cares what is going on. My thoughts are that given that Telstra management has never been interested in maintaining ANY customer support (as demonstrated by the beyond hopeless offshore call centre), management hopes that those who frequent Crowd Support take the issue away from Telstra. It goes without saying that profit is the ONLY thing that matters to the grossly overpaid fatcats at the top of the pile .... customers are merely an inconvenience. Telstra Business Centre staff are not technical types, their only function appears to be selling stuff they know almost nothing about. That would be fine if there was an accessible technical department, but to to best of my knowledge there is no such thing. If as I suspect, Crowd Support is a group of folk with between stuff-all and moderate knowledge in a limited range of areas, where does that leave customers needing assistance in areas not represented by any available tech-heads ?  

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: What is the actual status of Crowd Support ? \

Crowdsupport has been a customer to customer support forum since its inception.

If those of us who frequent this forum on a regular basis don't know the answer to a particular issue (or it requires technical intervention) we will refer you to the official support channels.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
brizzie
Level 4: Private Eye

Re: What is the actual status of Crowd Support ? \

From what I've seen, official support channels exist only to frustrate all who attempt to use them.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit