dios
Level 1: Cadet

When will congestion on tower Moe South be resolved

Hi, I understand that the Moe South tower is severely impacted by congestion, as confirmed by a Telstra Technician. I use a high gain antenna and have full bars of 4g, but it is unusable for hotspot and or a 4g modem. I have had to return my 4g modem and, although I am eligible at my address for fixed wireless, I have to stay on satellite until the tower issue is resolved. How can I find out when this tower issue will be resolved?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: When will congestion on tower Moe South be resolved

Do you mean congestion on the NBN tower?

You would need to contact NBN Co on 1800 687 626 (they may direct you to your provider, but that won't help much).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
dios

I understood it to be a Telstra 4g Tower

Jupiter

Your initial post is quite confusing as you state that you are eligible for Fixed Wireless (which is NBN), but you have to stay on Satellite until the congestion at the tower is fixed. That would indicate that you are talking about an NBN connection.

If you are wanting to use the Mobile Broadband network and you are having problems with the Moe South Telstra Tower then send an email to Basestation.enquiries@team.telstra.com letting them know you are having connectivity issues with the tower at 25 Moe South Rd, Moe South 3825 along with your contact details and when the problems started occurring and they may be able to give you some information (there is a proposed upgrade to add a 900MHz antenna to that tower, but no timings are available).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
dios

Thanks Jupiter, that’s very helpful and will reach out to the contact email provided. Maybe I am the one that is confused... Telstra told me that there would be no point in switching to fixed wireless, as it would use the same tower and I would still have the congestion issue. Do you think that may not be the case?

Jupiter

Fixed Wireless has nothing to do with the Telstra Tower or 4G and is a different tower (over the road from the Telstra one). The Telstra Tech doesn't sound like he knew what he was talking about.

Most of Moe South is covered by Fixed Wireless, there are a few pockets that are Satellite only due to the terrain around there (love the winding roads, other than the intersection of Coalville Rd, Pearces Track and Two Mile Rd).

Might pay to talk to you neighbours about the quality of their connection and see if they are happy with what they are getting.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit