Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Wireless printing

Come on telstra. I've been battling with my netgear 810s aircard trying to get my cannon printer to work.

It worked perfectly with my old 4g modem .

I've read all the other complaints on the croud support site with no solution in sight

Not happy telstra

Adelyo 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Wireless printing

Hey Adelyo,

Can you provide some information regarding the steps you have already performed attempting to get them to work together? It will allow us, and the community as a whole, a better chance of being able to help.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Hi Big_Dan,

I've tried duplicating the settings from my old modem  without success.

With the old modem the printer will connect automatically and function perfectly, with the new one I  have to connect manually but the modem won't allow printing..

Unless I can solve the problem soon my next step is to spend an hour or so in the queue and get them to reactivate my old modem for the internet.

I think I've been sold a lemon as I was told the new latest and greatest was far superior than my old one in terms of functions and reception.  Not so

Hope you can help,

Adelyo

Highlighted
Level 11: Detective

If your printer is wireless, you can do a direct Wi-Fi connection.

If that does'nt work then then there is the option of connecting the printer by its Ethernet port (If it has one) to a cradle in which you put your Wireless 4G modem in to (available from Net Gear for $99 with one Ethernet cat6 port and $299 with 4 ports, giving Ethernet connectivity and boosting the wireless signals), that converts it in to a Ethernet router as well as retaining a boosted wireless router, without the requirement of a wireless password on the Ethernet ports  when Ethernet connected on cat 5 or cat 6 cabling.  

I'm not a Telstra employee.
I'm a Wireless 3G/4G LTE/4GX Antenna Sub-contractor and these are my opinions and not of Telstra.
Highlighted

Thanks for the info.

I'll try a direct WI-FI connection but I have a feeling that it cant be done with this model printer canon MG5250 and I certainly don't want to spend any more money. 

Cheers, Adelyo 

Highlighted

Tried direct WI-FI but doesn't work. Do you have any other ideas?
Highlighted
Level 11: Detective

I would contact the manufacturer of the printer an check compatibility with your device and the device maker with the printer.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
I'm a Wireless 3G/4G LTE/4GX Antenna Sub-contractor and these are my opinions and not of Telstra.
Highlighted

I have the solution to the wireless printing problem with the Telstra modem. 

After spending the best part of the day getting noware with the Philippines  help  desk and a further morning at the local Telstra shop the so called expert finally conceded that the 810 aircard modem won't allow wireless printing. 

They were also unable to reactivate my old Bigpond modem which functioned perfectly with wireless printers because Bigpond and Telstra are now two separate organizations. I was then directed to the local phone shop who are bigpond agents and they were able to transfer my Telstra account  over to Bigpond  and reactivate my old modem whihc is now printing  without any problems. 

Solution :- Dump your Telstra modem and go Bigpond

Adelyo

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit