Griffo1337
Level 2: Rookie

2020 Black Friday deals

Trying to recontract my plan with a new phone, when I get all the way to the checkout in the online store it's showing the price in full, without a discount.

Does the discount happen in the background? 

Bit of a time factor on this one, sorry.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Griffo1337

Re: 2020 Black Friday deals

So I managed to get a response from the chat/messenger function. 

"...advised that the discount does not show online but this will be applied on your first bill"

So... fingers crossed I guess? If there's anyone who can confirm/deny, please leave a comment Smiley Happy 

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

That's the way discounted offers usually work as the Telstra system can't cope with displaying the discounts upfront.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Griffo1337

Very true, but nerve-racking when the discount is $1000 Smiley Frustrated

Be a nice little quick win to chuck in a message box saying that Smiley Wink

ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

You can check with JB HiFi who are Telstra's biggest retailers. They do provide

Service.

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
Jupiter

Not on Telstra's Black Friday deals. They are Telstra only. You can't get them through JB HiFi.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
ProfessorPhone

I did not say they had Telstra Black Friday deals.

JB have their own Black Friday deals.  https://www.jbhifi.com.au/pages/black-friday-sale

50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
Jupiter

Yes, but the OP was doing an online Telstra Black Friday Deal. Nothing at all to do with JB HiFi.

ProfessorPhone

There is a lot to do with Telstra as the JB group are Telstra's biggest dealer group, and they provide service that the OP wrote he could not get from Telstra. Please be reasonable.

Jupiter

Nothing to do with JB HiFi as it is TELSTRA's online ordering system that we are talking about here. JB HiFi don't have access to that, or the same offers. JB HiFi is completely irrelevant in this instance. They have their own online ordering system, which at the moment do not have any offers that are remotely the same as what the OP was getting.

ProfessorPhone

Please don't verbal me. I never said they had the same offers. You are saying it. Thank you. Have a nice day.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit