netboy
Level 2: Rookie

Accessing prepaid MessageBank remotely

I am trying to access my prepaid mobile MessageBank remotely (via 1800 135 102) and keep getting the message "the phone number entered is incorrect", even though I am entering my mobile number correctly (the IVR doesn't even give me a chance to enter my PIN - it just keeps telling me my mobile number is invalid). Can someone help please?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Steph
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Accessing prepaid MessageBank remotely

Hi netboy

That number is for accessing Home Phone voicemail messages remotely. 

There are 2 ways you can access your Mobile Phone voicemail remotely:

1. Just call the mobile service and interrupt the greeting by pressing the hash (#) key. You will then be prompted you to enter the MessageBank PIN.

2. Call 125102 and follow the prompts. The prompt will ask you to enter the number, including area code. For a mobile service this is the full mobile number.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

netboy

Steph, I'm sorry, but this number is also for accessing mobile messagebank. I am unable to dial 125 102 from this phone, nor mobile numbers - the phone can access standard landline numbers and 13/1800 numbers only.

Steph
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi netbo

We confirm here: http://support.telstra.com.au/t5/Mobiles-Tablets/ct-p/LSP_Mobiles_And_Tablet#item-ARTICLES-LSP_Mobil...
Under Messagebank and Features the three options for accessing your Mobile Messagebank (including dialing 101) and it's not one of the options. 

If you feel you should have access to this number for your Mobile service, our Mobile Phone team on 13 22 00 can investigate this for you. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

netboy

Steph,

Further investigation reveals that for some reason, prepaid mobile numbers are unable to access MessageBank remotely via 1800 135 102 if calling from a non-Telstra service (e.g. if trying to access message from an Optus landline) - postpaid mobile numbers are able to access messages via the 1800 access number without this restriction.

Can you please find out what the rationale is for this, and if it can be fixed? This is causing me a problem as it is the only number I can use to access my messages remotely from my landline.

Thanks in advance.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit