Level 1: Cadet

After plan upgrade from small to medium. I can not make Outgoing voice and data calls

Hello Guys,

On 24 Nov approx 8am my service was upgraded from small to the medium plan. Since upgrade I can not make any outgoing calls nor data calls. Only terminating calls are possible. Have tried to resolved an issue using Telstra chat which was useless . Codi robot is simply looping the same questions which is very annoying. Tried calling 132200 with no luck. I have also raised two complaints and still have not received a response. It is has been now 24h since my service has been barred. Does anyone know how can I get this resolved?  

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: After plan upgrade from small to medium. I can not make Outgoing voice and data calls

Complaints take around 5 business days to get an initial response.

With Codi, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred to the queue to chat with a human.

If you are chatting through the My Telstra app, you can mark the message as urgent by tapping on the 3 dots in the top right of the message screen.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Re: After plan upgrade from small to medium. I can not make Outgoing voice and data calls

Thank you, have already attempted. My chat message is marked as urgent and it has been 5h since I had initial response from support team. My service is still barred and I can not make any voice nor data calls. This has now been ongoing for more than 24H I have been without service 

It sounds like an account level problem rather than anything to do with your phone, so it will be a case of waiting for someone to respond.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Is there a way that I can resolve this ASAP as oppose to wait , I have been now more that 24h without service 

You could go into a Telstra Store and see if they can spot anything wrong with your account, but they may not be able to do anything to fix it.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit