CarrieB
Level 3: Gumshoe

AirG VIP Chat on my mobile - what are they?

Answered

Hi fellow members

On my last bill I have been charged a number of times for "airG VIP Chats" Smiley Sad

I have no idea what they relate to.

Only thing I can think of is that I have occasionally used my mobile as a Skype phone but I doubt that this is the case.

Can anyone please advise me what they referring to???

Many thanks

Carrie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DEANJA
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: AirG VIP Chat on my mobile - what are they?

Hi there Carrie, take a look at the following Telstra link, it will give you all the information I think you're looking for with regards to that.

http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Mobile-Apps-inc-Telstra-24x7/Unsubscribe-from-AirG-Chat-Servic...

signature_1.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
61 REPLIES 61
DEANJA
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Hi there Carrie, take a look at the following Telstra link, it will give you all the information I think you're looking for with regards to that.

http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Mobile-Apps-inc-Telstra-24x7/Unsubscribe-from-AirG-Chat-Servic...

signature_1.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

View solution in original post

Logue
Level 2: Rookie

I am very disappointed to learn that I am paying for service I didn't authorise and the advice is to acknowledge it and agree to the terms and conditions and only then be able to UNSUBSCRIBE from the service.  AirG VIP Chat is a rip off and we need a way to remove it that does not require signing in.  Can anyone help here please.

Renee
Level 21: Augmented

Heya Logue,

That's quite odd, being advised to accept terms and then subscribe. 😕

Have you checked out the link provided by Jeff at all?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

LittleCreatures

I have the same thing happening to me..... Never subscribed & no way to unsubscribe since I have no username or password to un-subscribe from there website.

Started getting charged 95 cents a day this month

C'mon Telstra get rid of this rubbish from off your website for a start & then help the numurous amounts of people & there's heaps of em if you look in whirlpool there is a thread going back to 2009!  All with the same problem surly this isn't a coincidence!

I came to telstra looking for a premium service & now I'm stuck trying to get rid of this rubbish.

At the very least remove all AirG links from off the Telstra mobile website & stop enabeling low life scum companys like this!

LittleCreatures

And yes I've read the link by Jeff

It's pretty much useless

TimBartel
Level 20: Director

Just to confirm LittleCreatures.

You've followed the steps laid out in the article Jeff has linked, and have been unable to unsubscribe as such?

- Tim 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

LittleCreatures

I've tried the unsubscribe parts which are of no help since I have no username or password.
Will ring the 1800 number today.

More to the point is how are they joining people upto this when they don't even have a username / password.  Tried installing there app in the hopes it would know the mobile number & log me in to which I could unsubscribe, no success.

Really if you guys are getting so many complaints about the same thing over 6 years why is it still accessable on your website. 
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1285703

I'm one of the lucky ones I noticed it on my bill as soon as it started $19 so far.

There's people with hunderds of dollars on there bills & no doubt a ton of people unaware of it.

I get that it isn't a Telstra website or charge & I understand that it's possible that I've clicked on something or someone in my family that has subscribed to it.  Not that anyone remembers clicking on any links & I have no SMS's or e-mails saying I've joined it.

What is amazing though is that Telstra have 6 years of people complaining about the same thing & you guys are still enabeling AirG buy living there scummy scaming software links on your website.

TimBartel

Thanks for the link, LittleCreatures, we'll certainly look into this.

Let us know how you go on your call. If you require additional follow-up after talking to this organization I'll look into that with you.

Thanks, Tim 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

LittleCreatures

Thanks Tim,

I rang them..... Had to ring twice as first call had a recored message about technical difficulties.
Got a call center member that is apparently forwarding my cancellation on to the cancellation team....  So apparently it will be cancelled in 24 hours.  

I hope  it is because if this turns up on my bill again next month I'm gonna crack it!

I'm pretty weary of scams like this so I can't belive I would've clicked on any links.....  I guess Telstra won't be refunding my $19.

AirG what a pathetic bunch of low life dogs bodys!

TimBartel

Glad to hear that this being addressed for you. For this type of charge you will to seek refund directly from that organization, as opposed to Telstra. 

Cheers, Tim 

LittleCreatures

Well from what I've read everyone is going to the TIO.

Seiriously Telstra need to remove any association with this company what a joke.

Thevvy
Level 1: Cadet

Hey LittleCreatures

How'd you get on with that airG vip chat mob ...

Just noticed it on my bill too.  Started on the 12th March.  Only myself an my wife (both on the wrong side of 60) use our phones.  Niether of us have susbscribed to any sort of service of this nature.

Just starting the process of quitting it now.

I agree with you 100% ... Telstra needs to distance themselves from this mob as quick and as far as they can.

I can see it coming up a TV show anytime.

Let you all know how I get on

cheers

JLBender

I have read through this thread.

Like Thewy, I am also on the wrong side of 60.  Nobody else touches my phone.  I am not on Facebook, twitter or anything like that.  Never been on a chat line.  Was on holidays in Hawaii when I was subscribed.  Would I be sitting on a beach in Waikiki joining up to Australian chat lines?

I spoke to AirG and they were unable to say exactly when I subscribed.  All they could say is that I must have agreed to the terms and conditions 'accidentally'.  It would be a real accident.

• While in Waikiki I must have surfed the net - you know, because I was bored out of my brains and just wanting to get back home.
  • I must have accidentally clicked on Bigpond mobile Home (which I didn't know about until today).
  • I must then have accidentally clicked on the Media tab
  • Then I must have accidentally clicked on Chat Services
  • Then I must have accidentally clicked on VIP services
  • Then accidentally clicked on Signup
  • Then accidentally agreed to the Terms and Conditions.. So AirG must be correct - it was just 'an' (meaning singular or one) accident.
  • Then I must have missed the confirmation email and/or SMS that alerted me to my subscription.

What an increasable accident as the probability of the above occurring would be millions (if not billions) to one.  How unlucky am I?

I agree with you all 100% ... Telstra needs to distance themselves from this mob as quick and as far as they can.  

Clearly Telstra knows there is a problem and that its customers are being ripped off.  Yet they allow it to continue.  All that fancy advertising, the new colours, the 'new Telstra', the personal service etc etc.  Same old Telstra.  Customers clearly did not come first.  The Exec team sits around on their fat salaries patting ach other on the back about how their advertising cons the masses.  And people get ripped off, and Telstra knows it and Telstra allows it to continue.  I guess they used all their money on ads and didn't have enough to think about the customers.

I don't deal with the dodgy brothers of this world - but it looks like Telstra does on my behalf.

At this time I am out of pocket by around $70.

LydiaG

I just got my bill and noticed the Airg charges on my husbands phone, I will ask him about it, but if it is as most people say it is, then he won't know what it's for also. If you subscribe for things you should have an email from the organisation with your confirmation of subscription, this should not be allowed o happen and Telstra should be chasing it up as it is their customers that are affected, we just can't afford to be paying for things like this as we are on limited funds, I'm not happy about it and I want it stopped, I will get my husband to call that number today, as for the unsubscribe, I doubt that he has log in details for it also.
DingoDan
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey LydiaG,

Welcome to Crowd Support 🙂

I can appreciate your frustrations with these charges and hope that all goes well when you do contact the organisation directly to have this service cancelled. If it is the mobile number that has been used for the registration of the service then they will be able to locate any account that has been created with this mobile number. 

We do have a way that you can stop any premium SMS services being subscribed to again for your mobile account at:

http://goo.gl/SJMK4j

Please have your feedback on the email notification being completed for such a subscription sent through to this organisation as well. You can also dispute any charges applied for this service with them on the phone as well. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

dodger52

i have just noticed this charge appear on my bill. I contacted Telstra and they agreed to block the site and refund the charges. Thanks Telstra, Suggest others get hold of Telstra and tremove this dodgy connection off your system

JLBender

Hello Dingodan

Thanks for the information.

What you are saying is that becasue Telstra has business dealings with dodgy companies such as airG, we need to block all Premium Services?  So a customer for 40 years, I need to make it a little harder for myself if I ever wanted a premium service?

The point is that airG is somehow signing up Telstra customers and Telstra leaves it to the customers to notice it and then get it fixed.  Read my previous post.  Read each point.  Somehow I did all this and have no memory of it?  Hey, I'm over 60 but I don't have Alzheimers!

Telstra needs to get rid of airG.

Yes, I phoned Telstra and they refunded the money from my latest bill, but not the previous 2 - and referred me to airG.  I was overseas when these charges started and I incorrectly thought that the charges related to mobile phone usage overseas.

Yes, I have contacted airG and they don't want to know me.  Yes, the subscription has been terminated but they will not refund the previous two months, even though they can see I have not used the service.

I'm not frustrated, just angry that Telstra has a business relationship with the dodgy brothers and I am the financial loser.  And the problem has been going on for 6 years (see earlier post in this thread) and there have been a number of recent instances to continue the problem.

Yeah - 'new' Telstra all right.  Re-skinning and re-branding (like that logo next to your name) doesn't change how Telstra treats its customers.

JLB

IvanS
Support Team
Support Team

Hi JLBender,

If you feel that Billing has not been able to assist, it's possible to raise a complaint here: https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint

JLBender

Thanks Ivan S.

Telstra Complaints sorted the matter and I am no longer out of pocket.

Telstra should have fixed my problem when I first raised it.

Nut the bottom line is that Telstra should not be using AirG as a 'premium' service provider.  Just look at the crowd posts and whirlpool.net posts.

JLB

B-W-M

Hi there.

I'm a first timer here in Crowd Support - never thought I'd need to go here.

However having just gotton my Telstra bill and discovering I too am victim to AirG I thought I'd find out how responsibly Telstra is looking after its "valued customers".

As I suspected - not!

So I too have been told by Telstra to contact AirG who promised to cancel my subscription but told me it's up to Telstra to refund me.  Fingers crossed but I'm not an optimist when it comes to provision of customer service and Telstra in the same sentence.

I was also promised the Telstra email with the uinque email reference number, so that if I had any problems I could click on the link any Telstra would call me back and I wouldn't have to explain my issue again.  Well guess what NO EMAIL ARRIVED TELSTRA!!!

Anyway, how can Telstra allow any service to be represented on their web site which puts Telstra in a bad (worse?) light.

Any service that just takes a few clicks to get subscribed and asked for no verification as to the ownership of the number is just malicious - or sinister.

Telstra, lift your game!

Patrice_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi B-M-W, 

I am really sorry to hear about the issues that you have had with this additional charge on your invoice.

As for the refund with this particular service this is actually billed to Telstra who itemise it on your account from the other company. If you are looking for a reimbursement for this you will need to chat to this company directly for any refunds. 

-Patrice 

dodger52

I contacted Telstra last month about these airg guys and they promised to stop these charges. I opened up my bill today only to find the charges have continued,

What do I do? This is robbery!

Maybe cancel my telstra account will work

ScottBarratt
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi doger52.

Details can be found here: crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Mobile-Apps-inc-Telstra-24x7/Unsubscribe-from-AirG-Chat-Services/ta-p/252519

Cheers, Scott.

Frustratedinuk

Hi All,

Noticed these AirG VIP chat things appear on my bill last month, I did not knowingly subscribe to the service which appears to be a common thresad. I rang Telstra, they were helpful, and cancelled the extra $20, but told me any future costs I would have to pay. Telstra staff also called the AirG people for me as I waited, then left it to me to speak to them when they (AirG people) answered.

I cancelled the subscription over the phone and was assured it was done. Guess what, this month another $0.95 per day AirG VIP chat. I guress I'm paying for this one, but I am not happy about it.

Whether it is AirGs' shonky way of doing business or a failure on the part of Telstra to be able to prevent these services (in the light of so many complaints), is irrelevant to me. I will still end up having to pay the $20 for a service I do not want and seem unable to cancel.

The only way for me to guarantee that I will not have to pay these charges in the future is to cancel the Telstra contract and buy a pre paid SIM with a new number.  Telstras' loss of a customer, due to a third party leech, is still a customer lost and one which will be unlikely to return.

So for all the Telstra people out there when your customers become P'd off about an unwelcome and unwanted service which appears as costs on an account issued by Telstra, then it becomes Telstras' problem as well. 

I will pay this months bill and try once more to cancel this with AirG by phone. If I get the same costs appearing on the next bill then the telstra contract is gone.

Cheers

Cooky2324

I also have just found this found this charge on my bill,

sent the messages to the links but get the reply

To manage your subscriptions, please visit: http://airg.com/telstra-divas/Deck/Oceania/telstra-divas/forwardToSubscription

does this mean its unsubcribed now?? as when i click the link i need to provide a login which i dont have!!

very very annoyed

Patrice_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Cooky2324, I'd recommend contacting them via their contact email address: support@airg.com to have this investigated further. -Patrice 

Oldmate2

I had the same th sam problem with airG vip but i just got of the phone with telstra the nice lady unsubscribed me and refunded my $$$ it took 15 min on the phone so give telstrs a call

chhers

@CarrieB wrote:

Hi fellow members

On my last bill I have been charged a number of times for "airG VIP Chats" Smiley Sad

I have no idea what they relate to.

Only thing I can think of is that I have occasionally used my mobile as a Skype phone but I doubt that this is the case.

Can anyone please advise me what they referring to???

Many thanks

Carrie

leo68

I have just noticed AirG VIP payments on my account. 

Then to my horror noticed on the last three bills.  

Phoned Telstra, they refunded full amount then I phoned AirG VIP 1800235437, ( the number kindly provided by Telstra) and cancelled subscription. (Were Teslra feeling a bit guity)

I will be leaving feedback with Telstra after reading all of your comments.

How many other people are being charges .95 cents per day?????

MSISDN

3+ months worth of unauthorised charges.

What I gathered from Telstra complaints department, AirG lets Telstra know when a customer has subscribed and agreed to terms. AirG bills Telstra who then passes it on to us. Complaints department only gets individual 3rd party services information from looking at our bill.

From ACMA:
AirG are meant to send an SMS confirmation out and we are meant to reply in a certain way to be subscribed.
AirG are also meant to keep record of the reply SMS

I'll contact AirG again tomorrow...

EDIT: What annoys me the most is Telstra staff keep calling it a valid charge. IT'S NOT VALID BECAUSE I DIDN'T AUTHORISE IT!
SanMan444

Just realised i have been getting charged for this as well for the past couple of months. good on you telstra, how can these services be allowed?

pangarang

I also have these random charges on my bill when I never signed up to I've just called the customer service number for Air G to help me refund these charges. All they can tell me is that they reckon i've signed up for it via the Bigpond App and accepted T's and C's and costings for it. I DONT EVEN HAVE THAT APP ON MY PHONE!!

So unhelpful and now can't do anything about it because Telstra won't accept responsibility nor will Air G. Help!

CatherineF

I have just received a bill for  AirG VIP Chat. Telstra have insisted i had to have subscribed when i havn't.

Looking at all the messages above i wonder how many others have been automatically subscribed to a service they havent  even looked at.

Some responsibility needs ot be looked at here as i do not subscribe to services nor do i do any sort of chats.

DingoDan
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey CatherineF,

I can appreciate your concerns and I can confirm that we do have a knowledge base with further information on these premium services, and the carrier billing option that we provide for these:

http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Billing-Payments-KB/Premium-SMS-and-Telstra-Carrier-Billing/ta...

This does include steps on how to contact the third party vendor to have any subscription cancelled and request a refund for the charges applied. 

Jenni-Jen

I too have just realised that airG have been charging me .95cents a day since last DECEMBER!!!

How do these companies get away with this? And why on earth does Telstra continue to allow it?

Clearly hundreds of unsuspecting Telstra customers are somehow, unknowingly being subscribed.

I'm guessing I've lost approx. $300 to airG without my knowledge. And of course Telstra claim no responsibily and airG are the same. Absolutely furious!

Has anybody had success in getting a refund? If so, how? Nobody seems to won't to help me.

matt_waddo
Level 2: Rookie

I've noticed four $6.65 charges from AirG VIP Chat, at 1.07am on four consecutive weeks, on my latest bill. I've Googled the mob and found their customer support email address (support@airg.com) and demanded that they stop charging me for something i never sign up for and to refund me the amounts already charged. They have replied that they will unsubscribe me and I will have to pursue Telstra for a refund of the previous charges. I have now commenced the royal run around with Telstra and already noticed the charge appearing on my next bill... I want to strangle someone... Has anyone had a successfull outcome from dealing with these grubs? They claim to have made $Billions on their web-site, i now know how... Come on Telstra, stop the scammers now!!!

This was the reply...

Hi Matt,

We will stop all charges imeediately in order for you not to incur any future charges. Regarding your refund request please contact your service provider for the reimbursement of the charges. Thanks

Cheers,

Jhay T.
airG Customer Support
Share Your World!
airG FAQs - http://support.airg.com/

IvanS
Support Team
Support Team

Hi matt_waddo, 

If their customer support has advised it's now cancelled, yet since a new charge has appeared, that is concerning. 

Have you followed up with them on the previously reply and asked why a new charge has now appeared. 

In regards to previous billing, can get through to our secure Live Chat team here: http://tel.st/hsc3 who can assist. 

Rj2015

Hi.

I've just noticed this on my Telstra bill too. And it's continuing this month.

l don't really want to provide them with any personal details so how have other people unsubscribed?

thanks RJ.

AW_99
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

Hi Rj2015,

If you have Premium SMS or third party content enabled on your service you would be exposed to all sorts of "unauthorised charges". Unfortunately there is very little Telstra can do to stop passing on fees from AirG with out knowing if you as a customer requested those Premium SMS services.

These include:

• ringtones
  • games
  • music videos
  • casting a vote on TV shows
  • entering competitions

First of all you need to do is stop the charges and subscription. Than disable "Marketing preferences"

in My Account, Personal Details or if you do not have access to it please call Telstra.

AW_99

Beerey

Hi, I was charged twice by Air G Vip on a bill 2 months ago. 2x $6.55, not a lot of money but I don't like paying money to scammers. I have never signed up to AirGVip, have no username or password, and the times I supposedly used their service I was at work with no phone access. Telstra said it was a third party and not their problem, AirGVip only had my phone number and no other details and insisted it was a Telstra problem. After threatening to take my money elsewhere, Telstra refunded my $13.10, disabled premium services and said I will not be charged again.

Two bills and a 24 month contract later and I have another $6.55 fee. Again telsta passed the buck and said it was an AirGVip problem. I called AirGVip again who insisted that it was a Telstra problem. AirGVip had no record of our previous conversation even with the reference number given from the prior call. AirGVip again could not provide me with a username or password , confirm what services were used or provide any record of me ever signing up to their service.

I managed to get an employee name, number, and call reference number but they refused to send me (via text or email) and confirmation that I was now unsubscribed from their service. With this information I called telstra back who tried to brush me off again, only after threatening to leave once again was any action taken. My $6.55 was refunded by Telstra (not AirGVip) and I received a  guarantee by the Telstra rep that I will not be charged by this lowlife company again.

Three strikes and you're out Telstra. Read the forums and see how many of your customers are being ripped off by a Telstra approved third party company. It is stealing, end of story.

Iain_T
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Beery, 

Third Party Charges are initiated from the handset either by an app, purchasing online or via SMS/Calling. The charges for these services are passed on by Telstra from the content provider. Any credits you have received for this should not have been applied for this. 

I can see you have contacted AirGVIP and they have advised you they cannot give a username or password. This is not the case as their website shows they provide usernames to cancel the service and log into accounts with them. Due to this it cannot simply be passed onto Telstra because they wont provide it. Telstra has done everything available to stop new premium SMS but any previously subscribed will still continue to be charged by that company. Others in this thread have advised they contacted them and had the service removed. I would suggest you contact them again and have this escalated. You may wish to contact the TIO if they do not wish to stop this service. We are not in control of the systems they use to subscribe people so we cannot cancel or refund a service we do not have control or connections with. I'm confident once they have removed you from their service you will not be able to subscribe to third party purchases. 

blusky

Hi

I have just also had a total of $46.55 charged on my TELSTRA account.  I did not knowingly subsrcibe to this service this is a total rip off and this airG service are fraudsters, they are underhandedly charging your customers.

Telstra really needs to take a good look at this disgusting company dragging the Telstra name through the mud.  Why do you still associate with this scum.  Oh as I have been told by a cso "there are still gamers/people out there, the young ones that use this service",  do they use this service willingly or unwillingly?  another quote " I guess they know that there are complaints and maybe looking at the pros and cons of this service being associated".  What a joke they would only be keeping this "company" if you could call it that, associated because they would be making money out of it.  Pissed off to say the least.

TravnTiff

So i just found AirG VIP Chat 665c on my bill after upgrading my phone... found 12 weeks of this at $6 a week....

After contacting 24/7 chat support they advised me that this is a 3rd party product i would have signed up for...... yeah right... and i have to call AirG myself to unsubscribe... or visit their site and goto 'my account'...after trying to follow those instructions Liezel (from 24/7 chat support) got fed up with my lack of ability to find an unsubscribe link and called them on my behalf.

TELSTRA this is a joke surely.. you add a service to your customers in the hope they won't find it... and then put the onus on the customer to unsubscibe from something they know nothing about.

On the upside Telstra did re-imburse the charges and cancelled the service... i didn't even have to argue the point..... I think TELSTRA knows they have stuffed up on this but won't fix it until you find it

Noddy84

I have just been dealing with telstra regarding this. The very helpful staff member has refunded the charges, however, was not budging on the fact I had to have subscribed to it. When I raised this thread apparently it has nothing to do with telstra that we all fail to know where these charges come from. I am very unimpressed by the service today.

Jonty72

I completely agree with the other comments. And it is absolute rubbish that anyone 'accidently' subscribed. I never did and would still be paying if I hadn't wondered why my bill was $25 over the top on a consistent basis. I can't 'unsubscribe' because I never subscribed, and I have no username or other bull with which to do so. This is theft, plain and simple. My Telstra customer assistant has blocked premium SMS and something else so hopefully that stops them stealing in future. I am astonished the ACCC allows this.

Guustaav

Hi All,

If you want to stop all AIRG VIP CHAT type services request Telstra BLOCK   'Bigpond Mobile Content Credit Limit '

This will prevent any further charges landing

CJK1

These charges have also just appeared on our business account.  The guy I spoke to at Telstra (who was quite good actually) said that it's a "third party" charge and Telstra are not responsible.  When I suggested that no-one had actually subscribed to the service and asked for documentation proving said subscription (remember folks it is Telstra with the "agreement" with AirG not us as we've never actually subscribed) they were unable to do so. So the process we have employed is:

1. Ask Telstra for evidence of the subscription charge as it seems most people have no relationship with AirG.

2. If they can't prove that there is a subscription - ask for a refund. My guess is that it will be forthcoming.

3. Get Telstra to turn off all premium SMS services on your mobile (someone already said that in an earlier thread).

4. If the above is no use the TIO is the next port of call...and they will sort it out. Just as an aside, try Googling "Telecommunication Ombudsman" and the first thing that appears is "Got A Telstra Complaint? - We're Sorry For Your Experience‎"  which gets you through to the dedicated Telstra complaint department, who will obvioulsy be right across this issue.

Telstra must have a contractual relationship with AirG that allows billing on a the Telstra system, and there will need to be some evidence of the billing for Telstra to support such an activity.

The bottom line here Telstra is that you are supporting a business who obviously operates on a basis that quite a few people are unhappy with, so what are you going to do about it?  Seems to me that the best alternative is to ditch Air G. Or ditch your customers.

anthonygcoster

I cant work out how to delete my reply... I was just talking to Telstra via 24/7 chat, and have managed to sort this out and am getting a refund for these charges.  Very satisfied today!  Thankyou telstra. 

Big_Dan
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey Anthony,

If you contact our Billing team directly here:  http://tel.st/hsc3 they will be able to assist you with this, they can also provision Premium Service barring so that future charges can be preveneted.

anthonygcoster

thanks Dan, sorry i sent this and then contacted Telstra and have completely sorted out the issue. Shouldnt have written here and contacted Telstra at the same time!! Problem sorted. thanks heaps! 🙂

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit