inma
Level 1: Cadet

AirG VIP Chat on my mobile

Help I am being charged 95c a day for something called airG VIP Chat I have no idea what this is or how it got on my phone. How do I stop it?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
14 REPLIES 14
DEANJA
Level 23: Superhero

Re: AirG VIP Chat on my mobile

Hi Inma, Merry Chrissy, if you take a look at the following link you'll find full details about this and how to handle it: http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Mobile-Apps-inc-Telstra-24x7/Unsubscribe-from-AirG-Chat-Servic...

signature_2.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
inma

Thanks Jeff,

Can you tell me how I ended up subscribed to this service as I certainly didn't do it intentionally and feel rather annoyed that I have been charged 95c a day for it.

DEANJA
Level 23: Superhero

Really couldn't say Inma, there are various ways that what they class as premium type services get into devices/phones. You've only to open some emails and just by doing that they can automatically hook into these things.

You might open s strange SMS, been to a web site that in the background can load things, one of the communications systems bug beares I'm afraid.

I'd also suggest that you might like to read the Government information at the foloowing site, it's got good detail about these things: http://www.acma.gov.au/Citizen/Stay-protected/My-mobile-world/Content-and-services/mobile-premium-se...

When you've had a read of that, then go to the following link and follow the prompts there, should put a stop to anymore coming to your phone: https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Premium-SMS-barring

Have a good one.

signature_2.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
AnnMS

Those texts to unsubscribe are ridiculous. It takes you to a login page, but when you have never used it, you have no log in details to get in and unsubscribe!

And the call centre people are useless.

Beware everyone.
kglittering

.It is criminal to charge someone for a service they did not subscribe or use . I think people should be credited payment back as Telstra is charging . I have been billed for a few months I noticed ...thieves
Patrice_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi kglittering, 

Have you read up on the thread that was linked above?

http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Mobile-Apps-inc-Telstra-24x7/Unsubscribe-from-AirG-Chat-Servic...

- Patrice 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Schmick

Same here - just noticed this has been billed for many months on my son's phone. He knows nothing about it and there is no sign of the service on his phone.

Where do they get the information from.

Have cancelled by phone but they couldn't tell me how it started.

Telstra why do you facilitate this rip off?

Lindy
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Schick 

As per Deanja's post above. 

There are various ways that what they class as premium type services get into devices/phones. You've only to open some emails and just by doing that they can automatically hook into these things.

You might open s strange SMS, been to a web site that in the background can load things, one of the communications systems bug bears I'm afraid.

I'd also suggest that you might like to read the Government information at the folowing site, it's got good detail about these things: http://www.acma.gov.au/Citizen/Stay-protected/My-mobile-world/Content-and-services/mobile-premium-se...

When you've had a read of that, then go to the following link and follow the prompts there, should put a stop to anymore coming to your phone: https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Premium-SMS-barring

Please let me know if you need any further assistance

Regards 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

frankbyrnes

Hi,

I did not click any links, or answer any text messages yet we still have been charged. This assumes that all people are idiots and click on random links and text messsages. I think the majority of people are savvy enough these days to not do that. I know our family certainly do not click anything and are very tech savvy and scam savvy, so Telstra's argument that the customer "must of clicked something" feels like a cop out to me, and I suppose most customers just give up and suck up the fact that they have paid $20 a month for something they did not request and so it goes that AIRg continue to make unlawful profit from Telstra customers and I am starting to wonder what commission telstra makes from these unlawful subscriptionss.

I went to our local Telstra shop and was made to feel like an idiot and told it wasn't Telstra's problem and that I would have to call AIRG to get it fixed. Sorry, but when I am paying high prices for Telstra services and somehow a scam company is able to charge my phone without me having signed up it IS Telstra's problem. Especially when Tesltra are a partner of the company that is scamming us. If youve been charged for AIRG services google AIRG and look up their about us section which details that they are partnered with Telstra. Seriously check it out. Don't listen to Telstra when they say they dont know who AIRG is....

I have just called Telstra and told them to fix it or I am taking us and our $400 - $600 per month spent on communication services with Telstra to another provider and I was able to get a complaints process started and made Telstra responsible for following it up...this after we were told by telstra shop employee that Telstra "absolutely has nothing to do with AIRG, you will have to call them to fix it". Again, I want to make it very clear, Telstra has a partnership with AIRG and I believe this partnership is used to exploit Telstra customers.

I encourage everyone to fight these charges with Telstra and make it Telstra's responsibility to make it right.

Cheers

Amanda

StephenW1

Hi all,

Pretty much same thing has happened to me. After 2 bills I noticed I was paying extra for "VIP Chat Services";
StephenW1

I called Telstra and asked what the extra charges were and they helped out saying it was banned from my phone. I asked what I was being charged for and I was told airG service. I haven't even heard of that business before. So I searched them online and at the very top of the page is a Telstra Media sign. So it is connected with telstra. I found a button to cancel the subscription and emailed the person. A machine messaged reply said to give them all my details and I will get a response. I sent back my name and Telstra. I didnt want to give out anything more as the whole situation felt dodgy and the website didnt help with how much I was being charged for plus I'd never see any of it before.

I called the help centre in America, (unaware of this at the time.) And while on hold for the machine bank, was charged for international calls. Even though the Telstra personnel had told me to call them to cancel the subscription so I won't keep getting charged.

After yo-yo-ing emails I asked for the details of the person who started the subscription or any details at all. And the response was that they do not have that feature available. I asked what services I paid for or what the account had done. The response was the same. They told me I clicked the terms and conditions for the service although after reading around a bit I'm certain I did not.

It really is just a whole scam. I couldn't believe how Telstra is okay with this and with the amount I paid each month and for what I didn't actually get, its wrong. Just wrong.
fruityg

Can some one explain how I became a subcsriber to airg vip?

I never signed up and now have been billed for  $6.95 per week in my lats bill. 

Also - how do I get refundd for the non subscription?

Thnaks

g

MickeyCee
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Fruityg,

As per Deanja's post above. 

There are various ways that what they class as premium type services get into devices/phones. You've only to open some emails and just by doing that they can automatically hook into these things.

You might open a strange SMS, go to a web site that in the background can load things, one of the communications systems bug bears I'm afraid.

I'd also suggest that you might like to read the Government information at the following site, it's got good detail about these things: http://www.acma.gov.au/Citizen/Stay-protected/My-mobile-world/Content-and-services/mobile-premium-se...

When you've had a read of that, then go to the following link and follow the prompts there, should put a stop to any more coming to your phone: https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Premium-SMS-barring

If you wished to talk with Telstra about the billing of these services, you can talk with us via. LiveChat (http://tel.st/hsc3) or via. 13 22 00 and we can attempt to reach an amicable resolution with you regarding the matter.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance

Regards

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Countrylass

Amicable resolution?
I had to laugh. 4 sessions with 24/7 Chat (3 of them today) and a phone call. Still no resolution.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit