demonic1
Level 2: Rookie

ancient

Have been on same plan for up to 15 yrs with a N97 nokia and that handset nokia and telstra stopped supporting years ago but no mention of the plan and I have always wondered why ? and when might i get one of those offers everyone else gets to update to a better deal... or should i pay for what can't be used ?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
demonic1
Level 2: Rookie

Need to know

I still use a  nokia N97 mini and it's still on contract with telstra. So over the last couple of years I have received messages from telstra telling me apps are stopping along with net coverage and I got pushed a while ago to get another data pack on top of a contract of 14 yrs-ish that has data in it. so I ask,  If I am to get billed for a contract/network/service that they know I am unable to use shouldn't I have at least been offered a better plan/handset by now or have i got it wrong ???

Ozmoz
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: ancient

Hi @demonic1 

I've never heard of a Telstra plan lasting that long before having to move off it.

Telstra is meant to be removing old plans and moving everyone over to current plan offerings.

But it is always recommended that you yourself always move to a better value plan as time moves on.

Footnote: I dont work for Telstra, I just try to help out fellow Telstra customers.
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Need to know

Pretty impressive to still have a fully functioning 12 year old mobile. It is up to the customer to choose which plan and handset they are using. It is only recently that Telstra has started forcing people off of grandfathered plans onto the current range. As far as offering you a new handset, that went out the window about a decade ago.

You will have to upgrade your handset by mid-2024 as the 3G network is being shut down then and your venerable N97 will no longer work.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit