BWP
Level 1: Cadet

Best plan for someone who is living overseas

I used to live in Australia and I still have an ongoing mobile plan where I pay $45 per month and have unlimited calls in Australia and 15GB of data to use in Australia.

However, since I do not live in Australia anymore, I very rarely use my number. Nevertheless, I would still like to keep my number in order to occasionally receive SMSs or calls overseas. 

I would prefer a plan where I pay per use, instead of paying a subscription fee every month. Does such a plan exist?

What would be the best plan for me?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Dowser
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Best plan for someone who is living overseas

International Roaming is not included in Telstra’s Prepaid Mobile plans.

Telstra’s Upfront Mobile Plans are listed on the webpage (including pricing)

Therein it states;

Add on an International Roaming Day Pass to use your service in selected overseas destinations. Not all destinations are included in the Day Pass. For more info, visit https://www.telstra.com.au/support/mobiles-devices/international-roaming

Dowser

Re: Best plan for someone who is living overseas

Further to my comment about International Roaming on Prepaid, it was phased out from 13 October 2020.

We’ll soon be moving to a new Pre-Paid platform and while we move all our Pre-Paid products and services, we need to stop offering International Roaming. This stop is required so that we can successfully move to the new platform and will allow us to re-design International Roaming for Pre-Paid to bring a simpler and more valuable plan to Pre-Paid.

However, it is also stated on the same Telstra webpage:

“A new version of this will launch mid-2021”

Source

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit