jcsca
Level 1: Cadet

billing issues in Fairfield Brisbane

I have been having trouble with two mobile broadband devices in Fairfield Brisbane.

The usuage is inexcess of 4G within 4 to 7 days. The first device was a 4G elite and now a 3G USB Modem.

I am a cable guy and have over 10 mobile devices within my company. This suburb is proving to be an issue for me.

Is it at all possible that because of the Exchange being relocated.

The South Brisbane telephone exchange is closing to make space for the new Queensland Children's Hospital. This clears the way to replace the copper wire network with high-speed fibre optic cable. 

I just cannot explain the billing for these services. We have packages of over a gig on dyas that the device is not used?

Has anyone else from this area had similiar experiences?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

Re: billing issues in Fairfield Brisbane

Slightly confused mate.... Are you telling us that the relocation of the South Brisbane Exchange has caused your bills to be issued incorrectly? Or are you saying you cannot access a service since the exchange moved?

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

jcsca
Level 1: Cadet

Sorry for the confusion

I have used two different mobile broadband devices in this area. The connection and speeds are fine.

The problem is to do with excessive data being used.  

I can only point to a problem with the metering system, as our logging shows limited use, but the Telstra bill shows otherwise.

I used a 4G elite Wifi device for 3 months, bills in excess of $500 per month??, I then replaced the 4G with a 3G usb modem. There is one laptop on site, used daily, but not left on  etc. The data billed is about the same.

4G has been downloaded in 7 days since the 20th July. This was similar to other months. 

I was hoping to here from others in this area with similar devices.

JC

Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

Wondering if there are updates running on that PC or something at a PC level.... How are you measuring your usage? I'm told that DU Meter is good ( http://www.hageltech.com/dumeter/about ) and it's free for 30 days. Can you try running that and tell us what the result is?

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit