Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Billing process

Answered

Hi everyone, I just got my first mobile phone plan on 26th of April. It has only been 2 weeks yet I have already been sent with a bill with full-month's amount and is due in 2 days. I was expecting to be billed by the 25th of this Month. Can someone help explain to me why I havd been billed so early?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 5: Eagle Eye
Accepted Solution

Re: Billing process

Ok. If you check your bill, it should say when it was issued. 

Usually it’s a couple of days after you get your new plan. And on the bill you pay for a month in advanced, plus any pro rata charges. 
the reason why you pay a month in advanced is so telstra can credit you when you change or disconnect your plan in the future Depending on the days remaining in the billing cycle. It’s completely normal. 

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Was this a brand new bill/account with Telstra? 

Highlighted

Yes, it is a brand new account.

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Ok. If you check your bill, it should say when it was issued. 

Usually it’s a couple of days after you get your new plan. And on the bill you pay for a month in advanced, plus any pro rata charges. 
the reason why you pay a month in advanced is so telstra can credit you when you change or disconnect your plan in the future Depending on the days remaining in the billing cycle. It’s completely normal. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Oh I see. Thank you very much Pb97. I really appreciate you explaining it to me. All the best! Smiley Happy

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit