Rox1111
Level 1: Cadet

Broken Promises and Misleading Information

I'm not usually one to complain, but I feel the need to. 

I used the online chat to see what to do about a lost device and after a few checks on my account and a couple of messages later I was told that I was eligible for a replacement device, and that I could go into a Telstra store to receive this.

After 5 hours, 2 Telstra stores, a lodged complaint, a second plan, and days and many emails later, I have been told that they will not be honoring what I have in writing from Telstra about my eligibility for a replacement device.

My only option and solution they offered was to seek a third party and make a complaint through them. How is this even a solution? I'm a customer and have been promised something in writing and you refuse to honor this? I have been completely mislead and promised something that they refuse to now provide. I don't understand how Telstra even think that this is a solution? Even if this was the wrong information, it was information provided to me in writing promising a service/product and it should be upheld.

I am completely disgusted with the lack of professionalism and ignorance. I really wish I was with another service provider at this point. I have had nothing but issues.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Broken Promises and Misleading Information

The product that you were referring to (StayConnected Advanced) was withdrawn from the market earlier this year and all customers were migrated on to "Upgrade and Protect", which doesn't provide for the replacement of lost or stolen devices. It's only for damaged devices and upgrading early, you have to be able to return the existing device.

And before you ask, yes, they were allowed to do this as it the ability was included in the terms and conditions of the StayConnected Advanced product. You should have received an email notifying you of the change in mid-May 2021. The change was implemented on the 30th June 2021.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit