keiralou
Level 1: Cadet

Buying a phone outright

Hi there,

I need some help.

I am quite happy with the plan I am on at the moment, but i REALLY want the HTC One XL.

I dont want to recontract, and I don't have the money to buy it outright.

Does anyone know of anyway to buy the phone and place it onto your Telstra bill, or even start an account and pay it off a little bit each week?

any help would be appreciated!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Kalak
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Buying a phone outright

I believe Vodafone are the only major mobile provider that allow you to sign up for an MRO (Mobile Repayment Option) which they call MPP, separate to a service contract.

Telstra, as far as I'm aware, do not just do an MRO on it's own. You'd need to enter into a new contract.  That being said, I'm not sure if you can do it as part of re-contracting your existing plan if they allow this.

If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

Re: Buying a phone outright

@keiralou wrote:

Hi there,

I need some help.

I am quite happy with the plan I am on at the moment, but i REALLY want the HTC One XL.

I dont want to recontract, and I don't have the money to buy it outright.

Does anyone know of anyway to buy the phone and place it onto your Telstra bill, or even start an account and pay it off a little bit each week?

any help would be appreciated!

Your easiest way is to get a $10 plan with the MRO cost of the handset. Its $240 more for a handset then normal, but you can at least pay it off.

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit