Jaibe87
Level 1: Cadet

Byo 60GB not 5G?

I am being told by Telstra shop that inorder to get 5G I must 'upgrade' my plan to the new medium plan of 80GB and my BYO plan is out of date! .... Why are Telstra forcing plan changes just to enable 5G on a phone service??? This is not acceptable.... Now I don't need to travel I think I'll be looking at alternative carriers.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
DrQ
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Byo 60GB not 5G?

5G is enabled by the phone plan. There is a number of plans on the current and recent generations of plans that do have the 5G option enabled. Unfortunately by just the data inclusion there is no way of knowing which plan or family of plans you are on currently (it will show on your bill), but, it isn’t included on the small plans and is included on the medium and able on the new plans, on some of the older families it was only the large and above that had it included.   

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Byo 60GB not 5G?

Yes, you're certainly correct.   It's $65.00

Well, having just checked Optus and Vodafone,  as usual Telstra are more expensive, because their network is  bigger.    You get what you pay for, as for most things. Telstra stated about a week ago that their 5G covered about 50% complete  at this point.

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit