Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

BYO to contract?

Answered

Hey everyone, 

Im currently on a $50 BYO plan that expires on the 28th this month.

When this expires I want to upgrade to the small plan with a GS4 as my handset, and I would like to keep the same number. 

question is, how do I go about this? I dont want to pay for another month of my BYO, but I also dont want to have to get the new phone unecessarily early. Can upgrade my BYO to the plan before my expiary date and the first date I recieve the phone and activate the new sim becomes my renewal date? (absolutely clueless hahaha)

Cheers for any help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: BYO to contract?

Hi Motch,

If you are within 31 days of your contract ending you can upgrade at no cost, once you recieve your new phone your contract will be renewed on a new 24 month contract with your new mobile repayment in your case the Samsung Galaxy S4

You can chat to us here http://tel.st/49kl, on 132200 or in store to get this organised for you Smiley Happy

Thanks

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: BYO to contract?

Hi Motch,

If you are within 31 days of your contract ending you can upgrade at no cost, once you recieve your new phone your contract will be renewed on a new 24 month contract with your new mobile repayment in your case the Samsung Galaxy S4

You can chat to us here http://tel.st/49kl, on 132200 or in store to get this organised for you Smiley Happy

Thanks

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit